• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    look at the 50 state CCW app... well worth the $4.... it tells you everything and directly links you to laws....

and i wont say yet, cause itll fall through than

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    yeah that's what I found too, but I am assuming that is resident only. Does it apply to non-michigan-residents? I can't find that anywhere

If you have a license to carry and Michigan recognizes that license, I don't see a problem with that.

However if your open carrying and walking, not in or on a vehicle, you don't need to show any id. So how would they know your not a resident, unless you tell them.

But seriously I haven't found anything that says it doesn't apply. But I haven't read the code.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    If you have a license to carry and Michigan recognizes that license, I don't see a problem with that.

However if your open carrying and walking, not in or on a vehicle, you don't need to show any id. So how would they know your not a resident, unless you tell them.

But seriously I haven't found anything that says it doesn't apply. But I haven't read the code.

I am almost 21 anyways. Soon enough I won't have to worry about that technicality

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:facepalm:
    DGG sadly MUST used IE for the apps the ARMY wants him to use via the web. No other browser will work so he is stuck with that whore.

I would say more like using a matchlock pistol.

One of our members won or placed top 3 in an M&S pistol comp with a hipoint actually.

Worse case scenario you can throw it and crush a few guys.

Correct! It was the THUG, EricWP who won his first pistol competition at the meet & shoot with a .45 hi-point.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI & this is BIG!!!!

It appears that the law has been changed to remove the 'roving school zone'!!!!

Read here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-2013_legislative_session-10.html#post4159638

For that link here is the quote
    SB 1: It is now IN law that schools must have someone on staff that is armed and trained to protect students and faculty alike. This does not have to be a police officer. As an added bonus, a late amendment to that bill was added that... ready for this?... REMOVES the prohibition on carry at "property being used by a school for a school function"! Thus, IC 35-47-9-2 now reads:
    Quote:
    IC 35-47-9-2
    Possession of firearms on school property, at school function, or on school bus; felony
    Sec. 2. A person who possesses a firearm:
    (1) in or on school property or;
    [STRIKE](2) in or on property that is being used by a school for a school function; or
    (3) [/STRIKE](2)on a school bus;
    commits a Class D felony.
    THIS. IS. HUGE!

No more worries about the school field trip showing up somewhere where you are lawfully armed. No more "roving school GFZ". No more worries about a trip to the zoo or the park suddenly making you an instant, unavoidable felon

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Also bill SB555 died! That s*** f**** bill would have created another class of LTCH with training requirements lucky it did not make it out of the senate. & to think that the bill originated from a gun owner and INGO member too boot! :puke:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FR*CK YES!

Oh so ture but now we each have some homework to do.
    Bill Of Rights wants us to thank those reps that made this happen and also write to the rest to encourage/educated them.

Read his post in my link above.
    So what do you say NWI INGO. You think you can send them a thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom