repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Single stage rcbs rock chucker.
    When i don't run the rounds thru the FCD the ammo when put in my case guage will not drop freely into it. If you give it a tap it will drop into the guage. When I drop it into the barrel it does fit and will come back out.

Have never fired a round with just doing it MINUS the FCD.
    When putting the round into the FCD I do feel some resistance one SOME rounds. When I put those rounds (run thru the FCD) into the case guage they all fall freely in it just like in the barrel.

The FCD does not always "feel" like it touches my rounds (ie. when you pull down on the lever at times it feels like nothing occurs at other times I can feel resistance)

So I have just run them all via the FCD and called it a day.

WD has yet to blow up in any case. :D

:facepalm:
    no pic = we no believe you :laugh:

Well, dont have to believe it. Wait and see at the next meet and shoot. Makes it easier when others take pictures of it.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Well, just picked up on my 1903A3 rifle. I will be bringing it out to the Meet and Shoot coming up as well. Have not had the chance to fire it yet, but If i do before then, Ill be sure to let everyone know how it fires. One day, when I figure out how to post photos on here, ill be sure to post some.

Wish I would known u were in the market for one, t's dad has been trying to unload an 03a3 for s little while now. I should prolly post it in the classifieds for him. He's completely computer illiterate

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    @Jedi: that's been my experience with the FCD too. Some rounds have more resistance than others on the final pass. I cant explain it, except that it might have something to do with wall thickness on the case itself. I go overboard with dimensional checks, my calipers tell me everything I need to know. I even measure the amount of flare on the expander die, which I got laughed out of the reloading subforum for admitting.

As long as the finished cases are ok in your gauge/chamber, and your OAL is consistent, you're doing it right.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @Jedi: that's been my experience with the FCD too. Some rounds have more resistance than others on the final pass. I cant explain it, except that it might have something to do with wall thickness on the case itself. I go overboard with dimensional checks, my calipers tell me everything I need to know. I even measure the amount of flare on the expander die, which I got laughed out of the reloading subforum for admitting.

As long as the finished cases are ok in your gauge/chamber, and your OAL is consistent, you're doing it right.

We are not in the reloading channel but I'll :laugh: at you as well so you don't feel left out. ;)

Yes OAL is consistant in the 700 rounds I have done to date. Next season I want to start reloading for .30 carbine but baby steps for now. :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We are not in the reloading channel but I'll :laugh: at you as well so you don't feel left out. ;)

Yes OAL is consistant in the 700 rounds I have done to date. Next season I want to start reloading for .30 carbine but baby steps for now. :)

Yeah, you aren't in that channel! :drill:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I always thought Jedi was "channeling" Barbie with all his pink stuff. :popcorn:

This makes me want to do reloading, how much is it to start?
    That depends on how fast you want to reload bullets. You can do a basic single stage press, with supplies for a couple hundred bucks, maybe less. One the other hand you can move up to a high quality medium speed progressive for about $500 to $700 (for press, vibratory cleaner, supplies, etc) up to over a $1000 for a quality high speed press with supplies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

So I'm only 1 cent more than you with your lead? I know 6 months ago when I ran the lead numbers for .45 it was down to .10 cents per round, but I don't feel comfortable enough *cough* lazy *cough* to re-adjust my settings and learn for lead bullets.

Sadly the feds say if I reload and I sell those reloads I need a license or else. So, GB nor I can[STRIKE]'t[/STRIKE] sell to you, or anyone else, since we do not have a license. But teaching you is still license free (for now at least). :)
    Not perfect, but much more betterer.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, that's good that your prices haven't gone up on the bullets... I know that the prices on the boxes of bullets I have range from 27.50 to 37.00 per 500 over a couple years.

Dansgotguns, it depends on what you get to reload with ? Some will be fine with a single stage press and do each stage one at a time to produce a loaded round... Meaning that you will take a 100 pieces of brass and resize and deprime them all, then prime them all, then drop a charge in all of them and then set and crimp the bullet on... Each stage for 100 repetitions...

Some will want to produce a loaded round everytime they pull the reloading handle down and they will opt for the progressive reloaders. The progressive reloaders are normally more expensive.

I produce between 500 and 1500 rounds on average every two weeks in the winter months and I use a progressive reloader for my pistol reloading. Basically the Dillon Square D reloader I have can put out 400 rounds per hour once everything is set to go and I may add it is great exercise for a evening....

Rifle is a different animal... it takes a couple extra stages and normally you need to be abit more careful with the loads... Single stages are great for rifle cartridges..

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    PARTS CAME!

It was kinda a pain in the
    jedcon.gif
    to install, but I got it done.

No mag disconnect, and they drop free. I actually forgot and dropped one right on the cat's head.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0[/ame]

This makes me want to do reloading, how much is it to start?

what you trying to reload for?
    How much can you afford to spend NOT on the press but on feeding said press. Does no good to buy a progressive press if you will NOT be able to afford to feed it or if you don't plan on shooting that much.

Sort of depends on what you want and what your goals are?
    - lots of ammo in a short amount of time
    - to lower your cost per round (ie. but not shoot a lot)

I always thought Jedi was "channeling" Barbie with all his pink stuff. :popcorn:

:facepalm: Hello Kitty!!! Get it straight NOT barbie!
    hello-kitty.png

PARTS CAME!

It was kinda a pain in the
    jedcon.gif
    to install, but I got it done.

No mag disconnect, and they drop free. I actually forgot and dropped one right on the cat's head.

Oh good, I would like to see what you did if you bring it to the next Meet & Shoot.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's my understanding that removal of the magazine disconnect safety also improves feeding and extraction, so I'm hoping it fixes those issues I was having intermittently at the m&s

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's my understanding that removal of the magazine disconnect safety also improves feeding and extraction, so I'm hoping it fixes those issues I was having intermittently at the m&s

What type of ammo were you using?
    But again none of that is going to help. I already told you why your gun does not like you. ;)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Federal bulk, Aguila SSS, and CCI Quiet-22.

The Quiet 22 I knew wouldn't cycle. With the other stuff it was random, sometimes I'd get through a few mags in a row and then it would do it again.

I was reading some google results about mag disconnect safeties and some of them mentioned it could cause that.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    My MarkII shoots CCI Blazer, minimags, aguila standard, maximum, CCI stingers, velocitors, federal bulk, winchester bulk, almost everything...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My dad's 10/22 never liked Winchester or Remington, so Fed's what I'm used to buying(just happens to also be the cheapest) if it isn't better now, I'll try something else. Pretty sure it's not the ammo though. It did it with the Aguila a few times too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom