NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Mini rant- dealerships need to stop advertising trucks as "crew cab" that have the "double cab". You should know what you are selling and if they do know and are being deceptive, worse yet. Chevrolet and GMC specify that "double cab" and "crew cab" are different things. Showing someone a double cab (in reality, an extended cab with skinny doors) when they have asked for crew cab, sucks.

I know, having any level of expectations from a dealership is a waste of time.

Anyhoo....
    Just get a Mega-Cab :):

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Mini rant- dealerships need to stop advertising trucks as "crew cab" that have the "double cab". You should know what you are selling and if they do know and are being deceptive, worse yet. Chevrolet and GMC specify that "double cab" and "crew cab" are different things. Showing someone a double cab (in reality, an extended cab with skinny doors) when they have asked for crew cab, sucks.

I know, having any level of expectations from a dealership is a waste of time.

Anyhoo....

Thought you were going to hang on to your old truck forever. :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Thought you were going to hang on to your old truck forever. :dunno:

I think I said I hold onto trucks until they are used up. We're about there. The engine and trans are sound, but some things around them are...showing their age. Besides, I just realized I have money. My wife let it slip.

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    I think I said I hold onto trucks until they are used up. We're about there. The engine and trans are sound, but some things around them are...showing their age. Besides, I just realized I have money. My wife let it slip.
    what truck do you have currently

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Ha! My wife used to slip once in a while, and I'd buy a new gun. I think she's catching on though. She hasn't done that in a while.

. :(

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Heck, with the prices of used trucks right now, you may break even on a new one! :)

I traded in a 2014 Nissan Frontier and got almost what I paid for it as a trade in.

Bought a new 2022 Ridgeline and paid MSRP for it. Ford dealer wanted to hit me with big up-charges over MSRP. Or I could 'order' a truck and wait 4 to 6 months for delivery.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    I traded in a 2014 Nissan Frontier and got almost what I paid for it as a trade in.

Bought a new 2022 Ridgeline and paid MSRP for it. Ford dealer wanted to hit me with big up-charges over MSRP. Or I could 'order' a truck and wait 4 to 6 months for delivery.
    I could make money on my dually after driving it for over 2 years now, but replacement cost???????

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This. There are too many variables. We have stuff down to 30s width. We're supposed to limit hauls to 4 slabs or 96 tons. The narrow ones don't seem go over that mark even if you lift 5 while the wide ones will put it way over if you lift 3.

Yes, I forgot, after we make them, they can go to to the slitter to get cut length wise. So, if they want slabs narrower than we can pour (<52), they cast a wider slab, then slice it narrower.

They wanted to modify us to cast a wider slab, then modify our molds to twin-cast.
    A twin cast allows us to pour 2 slabs out of the same mold.
    But, we're already using all the real estate we have. They'd have to actually widen the building, which is $$$$

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you have enough weight and drop it from high enough, the crane bridge acts like a bow (bow and arrow). The crane kinda hops enough to bounce your hot shoes. Some will fall, electrical pain in the butt.
    They'll know you did it eventually, so telling them upfront would be appreciated and may save some time from their troubleshooting. Years of working on them, not as often anymore though.

Nah.
    Maintenance loves it when the operator lies, and you spend hours hunting ghosts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom