NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My wife just told me that there is a 30 hour wait in the emergency room to get a bed at her hospital.

Not because the they are overflowing beds but because they are short staffed and can't fill all of the beds they have.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    rs_600x600-170811070231-600.The-Munsters-JR-081117.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Long story short (if possible) Saturday morning, I left my truck parked at church on US 30 after a meeting, my wife picked me up and we drove my daughter back to college in Chicago. My wife and I were heading back to the church to get the truck around the time the freezing rain started. This was about 3:30p. On US 30, we saw several cars off the road, a couple more than 100 yards off the road. About 1/4 mile from the church, I decided to bail out and head home, get the truck later. Neither my wife, nor I were excited about us driving home through that separately.

When we were almost home, we got a call from my daughter who had been driving home from work, she had slid off the road on Division St. We drove there...and it was a skating rink at that location. She was about 10 feet off the road in a grassy field. I was able to hop in the evergreen, 25+ year old Saturn and explain to my daughter that the lack of traction meant momentum was more important. I drove it straight forward for 20 or 25 yards, building up a little speed, before I edged left at which point I was able to get up on the road. No muss, no fuss. Good thing it was just a gentle slope and not a real ditch.

By the time I picked my son up from work at 7p, it was still kinda slippery, but a lot better.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    There are some intersections/businesses that have recurring car/building incidents.

In Portage the Zip Foods on Samuelson and Melton has been driven into multiple times.

In Merrillville Brugos Auto Repair at 73rd & Madison had multiple accidents.

I wonder what the folks working at these places think?

Hope everyone who had to be out on the icy roads got home safe and without incident.

@2A_Tom, hope all is going well with the surgery today.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, so don't do this.

1641839504071.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I didn't see this story referenced elsewhere. I don't know anything about it, but when I saw it, both the allegations and the Sheriff's response, I simply thought: "this is the most 'Lake County' story ever."

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    What about H335?
    Powder Valley currently has H335 1# cans in stock. Don't know how long this will last though. They have some other stuff that may work for you as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom