NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I bought a cheap Snowjoe 24V cordless snow shovel and it surprised me and took care of the wet snow on my sidewalks.
    5-10 years from now, I think we will see a lot of battery powered snow throwers out there.
    Probably watching that lake effect snow band on the radar.
    The sun is currently shining at Soldier Field.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm just at round the clock in Schererville. This place is dead for a Sunday at lunchtime. Is this covid or the snow keeping people away ?
    It may be that they raised their prices and shrunk their food sizes and also limited the menu choices. No more soup + salad + desert. It's now just meal + soup. The others are extra.

The one in highland is not as crowded as before either.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Gas requires maintenance.

My Paslode cordless framer, state of the art 1980's was really dirty and needed cleaning to run properly. I stripped it all the way down, as I have done several times, but had a spring shoot out and could not find it. To order a new spring would tale a week. So, I went to Home Depot to look for a comparable one.

To make a long story short I wound up buying a Milwaukee nailer, Which I had planned to do eventually. I was surprised at the performance. It works as good if not better than any other gun I have used.

All the time I was deciding to buy it, I was thinking I will find that spring as soon as I get back to the job site. When I got back I reached for a 2x4 and the spring was right there next to my hand.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    5-10 years from now, I think we will see a lot of battery powered snow throwers out there.

The sun is currently shining at Soldier Field.
    Dark gray skies to the NW of me. After lunch, I'm taking my kid to my friend's hill behind the house, less than a mile away, to go sledding. It can snow all it wants.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you can wait until it stops completely, only do it once.

If it is as heavy as they are saying the snow blower will be the way to go.

@actaeon277 - this is one of the benefits of retirement. Hunker down, wait til it's all over then clean it up once. Don't have to drive in it because you have to go to work. I still work about 6-7 days a month, but I really enjoy the flexibility the rest of the time.
    I'm not doing anything till my throat is better.
    I'm starting to feel better. But, not quite there.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Driveway is done. I saw someone on Facebook that was in the area and just had them do it. Worth the $25 not to mess with the SnowJoe. It's only in case there is no other way to get it done. My shoulder is so bad I'm not messing with snow unless I'm desperate.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    New INGO advertiser. Has anyone looked at this?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What is this sun thing you speak of?

The current round of lake effect is pretty weak. Push broom material.
    We had a break in the clouds and had enough sunshine to melt the roughly 1.5" of snow that we had on the asphalt driveway.

Sun didn't melt the snow off the concrete pool deck or the concrete patios. I used a 60-volt battery powered snowblower to clear a path for the dogs, mainly so it wouldn't turn into ice as the temps drop. I don't want to fall and break a hip.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This is super light weight, stops most handgun rounds, multiple hits, floats, wraps around sides and is taller than a standard plate.

It looks good. They will probably not give the discount after full certification.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom