NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I went to the show in valpo yesterday as well. Got there around 10. Walked the entire thing and didn't see anything that I couldn't live without. I had a few guns in mind that I would have purchased if they had been there, but none were. dealing with the wall to wall people only served to remind me of why I HATE going to these things.....
    I bought my Ruger Mark IV from ZX, bought my Luger there, a few bayonets, ammo cans, magazines, and when Dad tags along, he usually finds a Case knife.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I went to the show in valpo yesterday as well. Got there around 10. Walked the entire thing and didn't see anything that I couldn't live without. I had a few guns in mind that I would have purchased if they had been there, but none were. dealing with the wall to wall people only served to remind me of why I HATE going to these things.....

I've found a couple nice items at gun shows over the years. Mostly older stuff not made today. Last year picked up a CZ 453 bolt action with the SS trigger. First one I ever saw in person, and the seller had just taken it in on trade and didn't really know what he had. Got it for a song, relatively.

Here's another one I found at the CP show a few years back. It's not original, and I knew it when I bought it, but it's one of my favorites. This is my description from another thread:

Winchester 1890/1906/62A

Bought this at a gunshow, knowing it wasn't all original. Obviously re-blued, etc. I didn't find out till researching, how "unique" it really was. It has parts from at least four different models. Functions perfect and is very accurate (for 22 shorts).

Buttstock is model 1890. Receiver is model 1906 made in 1915 (from the S/N). Barrel is from a 62A. And the hammer, trigger, and magazine inner tube is from a rare, nickel plated special edition.

Someone re-blued it all very nicely, and put it together as a cool little Frankenchester. I added the Marbles tang sight.

It's in 22 Shorts Only, and is one of my favorites. Has taken several short-range tree rats that were intent on gnawing my wood deck.

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    lol it's been more than a few years since i vended or spectated there. good times.
    I've been twice some years ago and it's a nice show but way too many people for the venue. Doesn't help that Brian Barczyk sometimes shows up and draws his knuckledragging followers.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Found a Nazi marked CZ 27 today at the Valpo show. Lots of .22 rifles, lever actions, and Iver Johnsons. There were some "deals" there depending what you were looking for, but you had to look pretty hard.

20220220_135845.jpg

Last edited:

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I bought one from ZX Guns there. They usually have really good prices, and it is a lot closer than going to their store :):
    I actually purchased from them today as well, was able to get out the door including taxes for about $50 less than what Blythe's told me it would take to order the exact same firearm.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Spent most of the afternoon taking down a ceiling fan and installing a new one. Turned the power back on, flipped the light switch and there was light. Flipped the fan switch but things didn't go so well. It started to turn slowly, made some grinding noises then just stopped. The motor continued to hum but no motion. Tried reversing it with the same results. Tried to help it turn but same results. I'm pretty bummed. Wasted hours on this project and now get to look forward to doing it all over again after my wife returns the junk one and brings another one home.

I have moved on to drinking beer and grilling some T-bones.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Spent most of the afternoon taking down a ceiling fan and installing a new one. Turned the power back on, flipped the light switch and there was light. Flipped the fan switch but things didn't go so well. It started to turn slowly, made some grinding noises then just stopped. The motor continued to hum but no motion. Tried reversing it with the same results. Tried to help it turn but same results. I'm pretty bummed. Wasted hours on this project and now get to look forward to doing it all over again after my wife returns the junk one and brings another one home.

I have moved on to drinking beer and grilling some T-bones.
    See, if you went to show, you wouldn't have this problem today. ;)

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That reminds me. I really need to replace my ceiling fan in the front room. It was dead when I bought the house and I still haven't gotten around to it. It's the closest one to the wood stove and would probably help that work better when I use it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom