NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Pump action in 357? IMI Timberwolf? How much for the little girl? Been lusting after that one for a long time.

Taurus Thunderbolt (I broke the rear sight and need to replace it)

wm_4494982.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Taurus Thunderbolt (I broke the rear sight and need to replace it)

wm_4494982.jpg

Oh yea, I had forgotten about the Colt Lightning and Taurus replicas (and there may be others). Other than the rear sight, do you like the Taurus?

I think if I was going to replace the rear sight, I'd look into one of the Bullseye-type sights. My eyes and buckhorn sights don't play well together any more. That or a tang sight, if it's already drilled for it.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I like the .357 round
    So I have two revolvers, a lever action, and a pump action in .357.
    I like the thunder of a .357 revolver for target shooting and plinking. My current favorite load is 14.0 grains of W296 underneath a 158 grain cast bullet in my S&W 686. The Rossi 92 .357 carbine is a lot of fun too but my goal is to own a Henry .357 one day when they are in stock again.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Oh yea, I had forgotten about the Colt Lightning and Taurus replicas (and there may be others). Other than the rear sight, do you like the Taurus?

I think if I was going to replace the rear sight, I'd look into one of the Bullseye-type sights. My eyes and buckhorn sights don't play well together any more. That or a tang sight, if it's already drilled for it.

I put Skinner peep sights on both of my lever guns. That factory buckhorn rear sight won't work with my middle aged eyes any longer.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I like the thunder of a .357 revolver for target shooting and plinking. My current favorite load is 14.0 grains of W296 underneath a 158 grain cast bullet in my S&W 686. The Rossi 92 .357 carbine is a lot of fun too but my goal is to own a Henry .357 one day when they are in stock again.
    Any idea the ft/s on that round you make? I have a can that should be showing up in the next month for my Henry and I haven't started experimenting yet. (Also have the 686 that I would be utilizing the rounds with...)

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Any idea the ft/s on that round you make? I have a can that should be showing up in the next month for my Henry and I haven't started experimenting yet. (Also have the 686 that I would be utilizing the rounds with...)
    I don't recall the exact number but, it clocked at around 1,050 fps average using a Pro Chrono unit. You could drive it a lot faster but I worry about leading and haven't pushed it any harder. Hodgdon doesn't recommend using H110/W296 with cast bullets in the .357 Magnum but that hasn't stopped many of us from trying. As it is, there is plenty of flash, bang and recoil to make me grin. I'm currently developing a load with AA No. 9 since they have .357 load data for cast bullets.

That same powder charge with a jacketed 158 grain bullet measured at 1,400 fps out of my 16" barreled Rossi using a Magnetospeed unit. I need to check it with the Pro Chrono to see if the result is similar.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My problem with the rear sight, is if you put it in a bag, UNZIP the bag all the way.
    Don't just undo the end and pull the gun through.
    That's what happened to my sight. Broke it pulling it out of a bag.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

When I first bought the gun, after I fired it a few times, it would fire when cocked.
    I sent it back, and they fixed it.
    But they must have bumped something, because the gun would try to feed multiple rounds when you tried to cock it.
    So I sent it back.
    Then everything worked great, UNTIL I broke the sight. Which I can't blame them for. Just me.

Gun bags are NOT scabbards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom