NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So I should probably be happy with 25 years service then. I have the pre filter canister also, but I know I have not changed it often enough. I have a lot of iron in my water.

The filter is the key for our house. We also have a lot of iron. Once a month is probably about the minimum it needs to be changed here.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    So I should probably be happy with 25 years service then. I have the pre filter canister also, but I know I have not changed it often enough. I have a lot of iron in my water.

Yup, gotta go green bags. The irons the only way I know mines working. When I'm out, the wife's not happy. Sounds like a whole house filter. I have one of those too. We should all have a reminder on here when to change water, furnace filter etc... I nominate jedi, since he will probably be changing his furnace filter when he works on it today, unless he frozen???

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    The filter is the key for our house. We also have a lot of iron. Once a month is probably about the minimum it needs to be changed here.
    Wow, once a month... Forget getting on same schedule, too much for me. All though I can get that filter I can get at Menards. The previous homeowner had installed a reverse osmosis setup for fridge and a drinking water faucet in kitchen sink, those are harder to find (hope to do while still having one left) and order.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wow, once a month... Forget it, I need to be on a different schedule. All though I can get that filter I can get at Menards. The previous homeowner had installed a reverse osmosis setup for fridge and a drinking water faucet in kitchen sink, those are harder to find (hope to do while still having one left) and order.
    I pick my filters up on Amazon now in four or five packs.

You'll have to find the schedule that works for your house. At ours anything more than that and the water will start to get rusty.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    I pick my filters up on Amazon now in four or five packs.

You'll have to find the schedule that works for your house. At ours anything more than that and the water will start to get rusty.
    I'll look into Amazon, I bet you're right. Just still used to going out and getting stuff. Just told wife I'll probably go to Menards later, and she said again? We were there yesterday! Lol forgot, all we did though, was shake up paint that had been sitting for a bit.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sorry to hear about the side effect to Trulicity. I take it as well and have never had any issues with it.
    Thanks GOW. I just started taking it about 6 weeks ago. Hopefully the side effects will lessen with time. I'm getting used to the pattern. Day of the shot, lots of nausea and feeling full like I'm going to pop. Day after the shot, stomach still upset and then my blood sugar dips and I feel lightheaded. The rest of the week is usually fine.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Thanks GOW. I just started taking it about 6 weeks ago. Hopefully the side effects will lessen with time. I'm getting used to the pattern. Day of the shot, lots of nausea and feeling full like I'm going to pop. Day after the shot, stomach still upset and then my blood sugar dips and I feel lightheaded. The rest of the week is usually fine.
    I've been on it for several years, and ot be honest I don't remember any problems but old age has a way of making you forget things LOL

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Just got back from my mammogram. Results were in my MyChart when I got home. All good. No biopsy this year. Yay.

PSA: Guys, remind your sisters/wives/moms/girlfriends/daughters over 30 to have their mammograms done every year. Women should not still be dying of breast cancer.

yakity yak yak .... tell us about the freakin GUITAR!

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

I've averaged about once a year! One problem is I could never find the right one locally - only at Eenigenburg, where I bought the system, and they get like 20 bucks a pop. Or did last time I bought there.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Have a whole house filter. Removed the old softener several years ago. They also remove some elements that are good for the body. Our water is a bit hard, but not bad. Can tell when the filter needs replacement as the kids shower will start “whistling” when the filter gets XX% restricted.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    yakity yak yak .... tell us about the freakin GUITAR!

Just took pics. It's an Applause Voyager by Ovation. It's a vintage travel guitar probably from the 70's. I have issues playing a full-sized acoustic because of my bad shoulder and my short arms. It is not in perfect shape, but I am happy with it. It sounds good for something so small. I need to get a strap and a new set of strings. It was only $89 and they threw in a nice padded case that is worth $40-50. I will play it for a while and make sure I want to keep it. I can return it to the Guitar Center store if I need to.

1644431962864.png

1644432118890.png

1644432141906.png

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I think I did good. This is the same model.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom