NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I hate going from Mids to Days, and not going to bed before the first day shift.

2 hours before work.
    Can't go to sleep now, won't wake up with the alarms.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    They changed our schedule on our mill so we roll forward 2nd turn this week, 3rd next, etc and it's weird because I got used to going backwards but it works out in our favor sometimes, especially since we've been working 6 days a week since October.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I preferred days-afternoons-midnites rather than the other way. A friend who was in college when I started in the mill wrote a paper about the impact of shift work. Researchers said that people who work rotating shifts have lowered life expectancy and weaker immune systems (more illness). I told him working for a living always reduced life expectancy.

I've been out of the mill since 2003 and my body is just starting to work in a normal rhythm the last year or so.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah D>A>M is what we're on. Changing from D>A or M>D is great with only one day off because we're off for 48 hours between but A>M sucks because we get off usually Wednesday at 1130pm and Thursday is our "day off" but it's not much of a day off because we have to be back Thursday night for Friday midnight turn.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I hate going from Mids to Days, and not going to bed before the first day shift.

2 hours before work.
    Can't go to sleep now, won't wake up with the alarms.
    When I was in the Air Force we worked a month of days, a month of afternoons, then a month of midnights. Then back to days from midnights. It was frigging awful. And I was 20 years old then.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I wouldn't mind that. It takes half the week for me to fully adjust to a new sleep schedule. 3-4 days a month sounds better than 12-16

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When I was in the Air Force we worked a month of days, a month of afternoons, then a month of midnights. Then back to days from midnights. It was frigging awful. And I was 20 years old then.
    Sounds like the AF. In the army we worked daya and nights 12 on, 12 off.

Here comes Act telling us about subs.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Hey just a note... Aaron over at Armory 219 has cases of MRE's in stock.
    Has he ever sold out of them? For the past month and a half there‘s always been a stack of MREs right there.

I was there on Friday to pick up my Beretta 92fs. My .22lr conversion kit was wwwaaayyy off, so I asked if he could dial it in some. This is the second time he’s worked on my baby.

I got to put about 150 .22lr rounds through it yesterday at my mom’s house and Aaron did a fantastic job, same as last. Those cans went flying whenever I zeroed my sights in on them.

I feel good giving my money to Aaron at 219 Armory. He even remembered my full name when I dropped off my Beretta, even though it’s been more than a month since I was in there last.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The joy of spending a week in Lagrange IL at a Rodeway Inn instead of driving 140miles a day to rotate through Argo yard for the IHB. Left my LCR at home and brought my H&R top break 32 S&W to accompany me.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Has he ever sold out of them? For the past month and a half there‘s always been a stack of MREs right there.

I was there on Friday to pick up my Beretta 92fs. My .22lr conversion kit was wwwaaayyy off, so I asked if he could dial it in some. This is the second time he’s worked on my baby.

I got to put about 150 .22lr rounds through it yesterday at my mom’s house and Aaron did a fantastic job, same as last. Those cans went flying whenever I zeroed my sights in on them.

I feel good giving my money to Aaron at 219 Armory. He even remembered my full name when I dropped off my Beretta, even though it’s been more than a month since I was in there last.
    That is probably the same ones... He is selling the for a 100 bucks a case which is pretty good these days for MRE's... I can't eat them because they are loaded with carbs or I would pick some up...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    dd7f1470ae6ea5fccdfdc0e83a448e06.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom