NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    I've got about an 1" down so far here. Like melensdad said though, heavier stuff overnight. Weather alert doesn't expire till 6pm tomorrow evening. Time will tell, however, if we get the 5-9 they're calling for
    Up where I am, a little south of the Lake, we’ve got 3” or more. The only time I am “okay” with the winter is when there’s snow. So, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Up where I am, a little south of the Lake, we’ve got 3” or more. The only time I am “okay” with the winter is when there’s snow. So, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
    Yeah we're definitely up to about 3" I'd guess. Hard to tell for sure with the wind though. Looking at radar its gonna be here awhile too.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Unless it evens out, it is a bit drifty. My snow gague out back is ready up to 3'. When I put the food out for the birds and deer, it was at 1.5".

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My official (unofficial) snow gauge out back by the woods reads about 5.5" up here. As good as my photography gets from in the house.20210131_065757.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm guessing we got about 4" in CP. I can still see the ridges on the sides of our driveway from where it was cleared last week.

Edit: So I'm a liar. I just went out and shoveled the pups a path to potty, and there was a solid 7" by my ruler.

Aren't we supposed to get more today?

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hoping the ground has frozen up enough now so I can change my flat tire which decided to show up yesterday... The ground was too muddy under the truck to keep the jack from just sinking in to the ground instead of lifting the truck... Guess I'll need to get a real driveway in the future... I had to put 3/4 inch treated plywood under the trailer to keep it from just sinking in to the ground in the back yard this last summer... Oh well..... Jedi is this your snow ?

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    IMG_20210130_195430_786.jpg

Added a little something to my "office". Real NWI Salt Life. We'll see if the boss let's it stay.
    Got about 5"-6" here. Spent all night going round and round. Felt like Clark Griswold in that traffic circle, "Look kids Big Ben, Parliament"

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Nice that once I cleared the snow off, it is staying clear. Not the heaviest snow ever, but the snowthrower made made short work of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom