NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I really need to move to house on some land so I can just make a mess shooting glass bottles, old cars, etc... and then walk back in the house and eat lunch, repeat..
    When you get the new house and property you can host a meet and shoot.

Edit: you'll want to shoot melons and other biodegradable stuff. Let nature do the clean up.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Which coke plant and what job? I spent 20 years in coke plants and they are not all equally bad. I was in maintenance and IMO that's the best job if you have to be in a coke plant.

I never liked the rolling mills, preferred primary production as long as it wasn't a blast furnace.
    Arcellor burns harbor but no idea what the exact job is yet, he hired as general labor

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Arcellor burns harbor but no idea what the exact job is yet, he hired as general labor
    That will involve a lot of shovel time. Bottom rung of the ladder. Hopefully he gets a chance to move up/out quickly. I don't know if it's still true but many people do not apply for jobs with testing like maintenance because they are afraid of the tests. Tell him to research the rules governing applying and taking/ turning down other positions. He needs to understand the rules to make good choices. I am sure a lot has changed in the 18 years I've been out.

WOW - I escaped 18 years ago, doesn't seem that long.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Passed my drug test and physical yesterday and got all info needed to show journeyman status and that I still have health insurance to the new railroad. Now the waiting game to see when I get a call to start.

Gotta shovel the drive this morning and make a trip to lowes to finish the crawlspace either later today or tomorrow before Super Bowl Sunday.
    You have to carry your on health insurance?

You passed the physical?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    People need to stay home if they don't realize that the current conditions require an adjustment to their driving. People also need to understand that all vehicles are not as capable in adverse conditions, not everyone has the reflexes of a fighter pilot, and that other drivers are not morons for driving at speeds they feel safe at. Most safe driving courses advise a speed reduction of 30% for rain and 50% for snow.

It's a good idea to factor in the fact that many drivers will be driving slower in adverse conditions and rather than passing in no passing zones. Allow more time to get where you are going. You should never drive pissed off, no matter how good of a driver you are.
    :yesway:
    That said if you can't drive with confidence in adverse conditions you should stay home.
    :yesway:
    Being able to drive with confidence includes cleaning all your windows.
    It is Indiana law that all windows must be clear.

Is anyone else as anal as me and they clear the tiny (useless) windows behind the rear door?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When I lived in NJ there was a, self proclaimes, witch that painted her entire car black, including the windows.

She had a hole in front of the driver. She only drove it once to my knowledge. A friend of mind's dad was the arresting officer.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Where do ya drive that ya have so much trouble? Guess coming to chiraqi at 4am has its rewards that there is no traffic so no issues of accidents, slow pokes,etc..

@1775usmarine.
    Ugh.. sorry for that work you are doing. Jedi is sick of dealing with crawlspace issues. This summer jedi will be back at it but for now its good.
    We've been here 9yrs and figure redo the barrier now should be good 10 to 15yrs.
    You have to carry your on health insurance?

You passed the physical?
    I got till april before getting kicked to cobra if I want. Plus this allows me to start earlier than the end of this month

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    MexWave.gif
    MexWave.gif
    MexWave.gif
    MexWave.gif

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I probably emptied my washer fluid on the way to Westville and back. Need to check it. Roads were clear, but it was just windy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom