NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Absolutely worst thing you can do especially with the new emissions systems... Hours are very critical. I don't know why people use miles for service intervals it means next to nothing. Hours is everything
    I don't know much about diesel engines, other than it requires a whole different level of expertise to work on.

In regards to using miles as service intervals versus hours, does this also translate to gasoline engines, as well?

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I don't know much about diesel engines, other than it requires a whole different level of expertise to work on.

In regards to using miles as service intervals versus hours, does this also translate to gasoline engines, as well?

Yes.

Hours vs miles.

Hours are true. Miles are a guess.

If a cop car idles for a 8 hour shift yet covers 50 miles... What do you think comes first, 5000 miles or 200 hours.....

I get fleet service trucks with 3500 miles on the oil yet 650 hours of use. General rule is 200-250 hours on oil changes. Pending oil...

Personally I Send my oil to Blackstone labs to dial in my perfect useage.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I knew 22lr has been hard to find but I didn't realize how much it is if you do find it! holy smokes, apparently I'm a millionaire :bacondance::bacondance:

I recently consolidated and reorganized all my ammo, and smiled to myself, thinking how well off I was. Then it occurred to me that I can't afford to shoot any of it ... bummer. Then I remembered that I had several bulk boxes of .22 Remington Thunderturds and the like, saving it for a rainy day. Then I'm like all smiles again. This post probably belongs in the "First World Problems" thread.

p.s. Looked like a freakin blizzard up here in Schererville a few minutes ago.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I recently consolidated and reorganized all my ammo, and smiled to myself, thinking how well off I was. Then it occurred to me that I can't afford to shoot any of it ... bummer. Then I remembered that I had several bulk boxes of .22 Remington Thunderturds and the like, saving it for a rainy day. Then I'm like all smiles again. This post probably belongs in the "First World Problems" thread.

p.s. Looked like a freakin blizzard up here in Schererville a few minutes ago.

I just found two boxes of Thunders that I apparently picked up at 14.99 a piece doing the same thing...made me a little sad...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Damn near blizzard here in Walkertucky
    They shut down the Gary job and sent us home at 11 before it hit. See if they cancel work for tomorrow, not to mention next week when hell freezes over

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom