NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Good evening guys and gals,

There is an attorney who offers a free law seminar at Blythe's in Valpo a few times a year. His name is Douglas MacMillan. He is an attorney out of Hobart. I attended his seminar a few years ago and learned a lot from him, well worth the two hours.

Paul Harell has made some videos on YouTube. The videos aren't specific for Indiana law, but still offer a lot of great information.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've been going to Kaufman Chiropractic in Winfield. They are also in Merrillville.
    https://www.kauffmanchiros.com
    Thanks. I'll think about it. I'm scared to death that it will somehow make it worse. I''ll see what the next couple of days bring. It is doing some better after I babied it all weekend. It may start playing up once I actually use it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I'd be interested in a local law class.
    Also, I can check later today to see if any of Actaeon and my family will head to the meet and shoot.
    From another post, yes, Winamac would be way better with a 10 or even 15 yard target. 25 is great for pistol training, but if you can't see if you are missing, high, low, etc. it doesn't help too much.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thanks. I'll think about it. I'm scared to death that it will somehow make it worse. I''ll see what the next couple of days bring. It is doing some better after I babied it all weekend. It may start playing up once I actually use it.
    A common feeling a think for those that have not ever used one.

For my point, I have been to them on and off for over 30 years now. I have issues with my neck and upper back due to spending way too many hours sitting at a computer over the years. I would get one of those kinks in my neck like when you sleep wrong. Except my kink wouldn't go away. I would go to the Dr and they would put everything back in place. The pain would go away and I would stop going. Some years would go by, and it would return. Rinse and repeat. Now in my mid 50s, when it came back last year, I decided to stick with it. Better to go every 8 weeks, than have my neck hurt like that again.

A regular Dr can give you pills, surgery, or send you to physical therapy. A chiropractor can actually fix what is causing the issue without cutting you. I know that I am not letting a Dr cut on me unless there is no other choice. Especially anywhere near my spinal cord.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Second this.

I messed up my shoulder, stupidly, while lifting a number of years ago. Chiro fixed it. Need to go back in every couple of years when it tightens but I was super skeptical and then very happily surprised. Just go to a good one if you decide to try it.

A common feeling a think for those that have not ever used one.

For my point, I have been to them on and off for over 30 years now. I have issues with my neck and upper back due to spending way too many hours sitting at a computer over the years. I would get one of those kinks in my neck like when you sleep wrong. Except my kink wouldn't go away. I would go to the Dr and they would put everything back in place. The pain would go away and I would stop going. Some years would go by, and it would return. Rinse and repeat. Now in my mid 50s, when it came back last year, I decided to stick with it. Better to go every 8 weeks, than have my neck hurt like that again.

A regular Dr can give you pills, surgery, or send you to physical therapy. A chiropractor can actually fix what is causing the issue without cutting you. I know that I am not letting a Dr cut on me unless there is no other choice. Especially anywhere near my spinal cord.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Woke up this morning around 7:30 to my phone ringing, it's my neighbor. Those gunshots last night? About 7 of them in the neighbor kids' car, one shot hit my driver side rear window, exited the passenger side above the rear door and went sideways into a neighbor's siding. These damn kids are in the apartment next to me, I share a wall with them. At least one bullet went through their living room window and lodged in a wall. Yeah I need to move but they need to go.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I used a chiro in high school for migraines. One ten years ago, (because she also included a massage gal and insurance covered it) then she retired after 2 years. Most recently was after getting hit in that wreck. There were good days and bad days after some sessions, but it was good for the long term. I have yet to have a migraine and I have mobility & don't have to sit down after an hour. I also can sleep through the night. :twocents:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Woke up this morning around 7:30 to my phone ringing, it's my neighbor. Those gunshots last night? About 7 of them in the neighbor kids' car, one shot hit my driver side rear window, exited the passenger side above the rear door and went sideways into a neighbor's siding. These damn kids are in the apartment next to me, I share a wall with them. At least one bullet went through their living room window and lodged in a wall. Yeah I need to move but they need to go.

Yikes. Time to start looking.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I'm glad you and yours are ok. It's not gunna get better any time soon with how things are going politically and economically. Stay safe man.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Politics doesn't have anything to do with it. Neighborhood busybodies come in handy sometimes: These little ****s have been witnessed making "handoffs" to cars parked on the street.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    The reason I say 'politics' here is because "with everything going on", coherent political will to fix stuff like this seems unlikely to me in the context of a large-medium sized municipality. Just a pragmatic observation rather than a this side or that side one.

(edit) I'll expand a little more here -- The area I grew up had lots of street violence including drivebys etc. People went to community meetings etc and it never really got better. Neighborhood 'demanded' it, but the local politicians effectively did not give a single solitary, and nothing changed. That was a less chaotic time than now.

Politics doesn't have anything to do with it. Neighborhood busybodies come in handy sometimes: These little ****s have been witnessed making "handoffs" to cars parked on the street.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'd be interested in a local law class.
    Also, I can check later today to see if any of Actaeon and my family will head to the meet and shoot.
    From another post, yes, Winamac would be way better with a 10 or even 15 yard target. 25 is great for pistol training, but if you can't see if you are missing, high, low, etc. it doesn't help too much.

In the past when INGO took over the 25 we called a cold range and moved the firing line to 10 yards for instruction of new shooters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom