NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Red Dawn remake wasn't terrible. Of course the original they made some effort towards realism with weapons and equipment whereas this one they have Humvees for some reason.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Red Dawn remake wasn't terrible. Of course the original they made some effort towards realism with weapons and equipment whereas this one they have Humvees for some reason.
    This one was made to make money. It was horrible. NK can't even take South Korea but somehow they got the logistics and ability to take most of the United States? Na. At least the original Red Dawn was a lot more realistic storyline. The new one was like the GI Joe movies that came out recently, only good if you ignore everything including dialog, plot, etc. Heck, some of the 80s shoot'em up movies had more thought put into them.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This one was made to make money. It was horrible. NK can't even take South Korea but somehow they got the logistics and ability to take most of the United States? Na. At least the original Red Dawn was a lot more realistic storyline. The new one was like the GI Joe movies that came out recently, only good if you ignore everything including dialog, plot, etc. Heck, some of the 80s shoot'em up movies had more thought put into them.
    The thing that always bugged me about the original was the Cubans dropping into rural Colorado.

First, there are just a few regular army units in Texas and Colorado. Second, what the hell was in that area that they needed to control? You don't go after the interior rural areas in the beginning of an invasion.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    The thing that always bugged me about the original was the Cubans dropping into rural Colorado.

First, there are just a few regular army units in Texas and Colorado. Second, what the hell was in that area that they needed to control? You don't go after the interior rural areas in the beginning of an invasion.

For the sake of the story, let's say they needed to capture and control NORAD @ Cheyenne Mountain.
    And we saw only the blocking forces supporting that effort (they wouldn't put the Cubans and South Americans at the tip of that spear).

I mean they nuked 400 million Chinamen, I'm sure they didn't want any retaliation.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For the sake of the story, let's say they needed to capture and control NORAD @ Cheyenne Mountain.
    And we saw only the blocking forces supporting that effort (they wouldn't put the Cubans and South Americans at the tip of that spear).

I mean they nuked 400 million Chinamen, I'm sure they didn't want any retaliation.
    The one right by the 4th Infantry Division? It's going to take more than some paratroopers to win that fight.

Honestly, it was not much more believable than the remake.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The one right by the 4th Infantry Division? It's going to take more than some paratroopers to win that fight.

Bu bu bu but, woLVERINES!!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

To be fair it was originally meant to be China but the filmmaker didn't wanna make problems or something and it's mentioned at one point North Korea was in control of the PNW, I don't remember who they mentioned everywhere else.

Edit: I looked it up and apparently Russia is under control of an ultranationalist party and the main antagonist of the invasion. Sounds like a dropped plotline from Call of Duty Modern Warfare. I do recall the counterinsurgency expert enemy guy was Spetsnaz.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Ssbsssshhhhhh
    It's an action hero coming of age movie.
    Use your 8 year old imagination to see it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom