NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :rofl:
    Not!!

But ds does and jedi gets the 4-1-1 from him and his 60sec summary.

Jedi has send the reaction videos on youtube as well and its bittersweet as some guys are crying with this son's watching it cause in their eyes it has redeemed luke.

For jedi there is too much bad blood over what disney has done to forgive them.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Watched episode 1, season 1 yesterday. Best Disney/Star Wars ever.
    Absolutely agree. Episode 8 was so bad I'd lost all my love of Star Wars for awhile. I didn't watch Rogue 1, or Solo until I could for free, wasn't too impressed with either. Waited until episode 3 came out of the Mandalorian to start and have my love for Star Wars back.
    Man, I hate waiting for the new season.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    It's been 24 hour so "OMG OMG Luke Skywalker"
    That was an awesome surprise. I'm glad they'd used X wings previously so it wasn't super obvious until the security footage. I think I figured it from the green saber and the dark outfit.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    :rofl:
    Not!!

But ds does and jedi gets the 4-1-1 from him and his 60sec summary.

Jedi has send the reaction videos on youtube as well and its bittersweet as some guys are crying with this son's watching it cause in their eyes it has redeemed luke.

For jedi there is too much bad blood over what disney has done to forgive them.
    I mostly agree, which was why I'm so glad they let the guys from Clone Wars take it and run. Seriously thought no one would revive the love from fans they way they destroyed it. I'll say as long as they keep Johnson and Kennedy away from Star Wars, it will be able to be saved. I honestly didn't even watch until a few episodes in because of how badly Disney destroyed that franchise. Mandalorian is the most watched on the channel, like I think it's by 5x more watch that then everything else on there combined.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Hi guys,

Just passing the word along. Eric Gutridge, the owner of Gutridge Gunsmith in Griffith, has passed away

Don't know any details, but he was just a few years older than I. I'm 60. I do have a couple pieces that his dad supposedly re-blued when they were in Dyer. Top quality work on a P-38 and Remington 03-A3. Ruined any collector value, but they sure are purdy!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Don't know any details, but he was just a few years older than I. I'm 60. I do have a couple pieces that his dad supposedly re-blued when they were in Dyer. Top quality work on a P-38 and Remington 03-A3. Ruined any collector value, but they sure are purdy!

I never met him but did refer many to his shop.
    He helped my kid sister once with her ruger mk3.

I know melensdad talked about the shop being a father/son biz and the father being the better of the two. Is this the father that passed?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Hi guys,

Just passing the word along. Eric Gutridge, the owner of Gutridge Gunsmith in Griffith, has passed away

:(
    Do you know of what?

Wow ... I didn't even think he was in his 60's. Shocking. I think it was earlier this year that I talked to him (might have been late last year). We chatted for a while when I was in there. Great guy. Wonder what the cause was? He didn't seem sickly or having any health issues. I wonder what will become of his shop.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I never met him but did refer many to his shop.
    He helped my kid sister once with her ruger mk3.

I know melensdad talked about the shop being a father/son biz and the father being the better of the two. Is this the father that passed?

No. This is the son.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So then its bye bye shop and with that now a void for gunsmithing around here.

Knowing the town another dumb mexican resturant cause they now have 4 within a 1 block radius of each other in that area. :facepalm:

So where can we now gunsmith?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    So then its bye bye shop and with that now a void for gunsmithing around here.

Knowing the town another dumb mexican resturant cause they now have 4 within a 1 block radius of each other in that area. :facepalm:

So where can we now gunsmith?

There's a lot of gun stuff in the shop that would be a shame to toss out and I don't just mean guns. A bit of a mess but I'll bet more than a few hard to find items and manuals.

Only gunsmiths I can think of now would be Cabela's, Blythes (down the road), and Copper Custom.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Eric had heart issues for a few years now. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a heart attack or maybe he had Corona and it put too much strain on him. The area has lost a good gunsmith. South County Guns in Schererville has a gunsmith. Jim Taposci fixes S&W revolvers in Valpo. Copper Custom has a gunsmith. Pelcher's has one that works on Friday. Warrior Arms out in Valpo does some work to

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom