NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just don't followup any of your thoughts with, "Did I say that out loud"? or you will be put on AOC's list.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm getting better.

A coworker commented me the other day when I "shushed" a mid level boss.
    He was surprised I didn't just curse and yell for him to shut up.
    The thought had crossed my mind.
    It was like the old Terminator. A list of options popped up.
    I skipped through the snarky, smart ass'd responses to "Hey!"
    And then I held my finger up across my lips ( sign for shush).

I couldn't see his expression, but his eyes said he was going to puff up and try to come down on me.
    Till I pointed at the "evolution" being performed, and he realized he was in the wrong.

I'm quite proud of myself.
    :)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We usually buy a half gallon of milk. Strack's has a half gallon for $1.99 and a gallon for $2.49 with a $1.00 off coupon. No brainer. Bought the gallon for $1.49, came home and washed out the old half gallon jug, filled it from the new gallon, and stuck it in the freezer. Viola. Two half gallons of milk for less than the price of one.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Cause she is "young and dumb" and that is what all kids do.
    Sorry melensdad for the insult. She will as she gets older look to the suburbs and/or Indiana to raise a family. If not we are revoking your NWI INGO memberhsip.

Young and dumb is the correct assessment.

She’s 26, has a good job as a staff lawyer for a large medical service provider, wants to be where the other young professional are so she’s looking at apartments in the city. I’m recommending waiting, at least until there is a vaccine and much of life begins a trek toward normalcy but my advice is falling on deaf ears.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    My son-in-law wanted to live in Chicago - at the time he was working for Morgan Stanley.

My daughter told him to enjoy it, she was buying a house in Indiana. She wanted a dog and a yard. They ended up in Portage and are now in Ohio, north of Cincy. They never did live in Chicago.

@melensdad - good luck to your daughter. Young and adventurous sometimes makes great memories and experiences.

@2A_Tom - glad to see you back.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

@melensdad - good luck to your daughter. Young and adventurous sometimes makes great memories and experiences.

The funny thing is she works from home. The office is closed. The legal department has virtual meetings. And that will likely remain that way post-covid as the legal team covers a dozen states, each with their own state laws, so there is little incentive for the company to gather them all up into an office.

I'm not sure what is attractive about paying $2000/month for rent in the city when she will be working from a bedroom office in an apartment.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The funny thing is she works from home. The office is closed. The legal department has virtual meetings. And that will likely remain that way post-covid as the legal team covers a dozen states, each with their own state laws, so there is little incentive for the company to gather them all up into an office.

I'm not sure what is attractive about paying $2000/month for rent in the city when she will be working from a bedroom office in an apartment.
    Because you are not young and foolish

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:rofl:
    Plus nothing to do downtown right now as it's all closed.
    Not to mention the taxes on her wages!!!

Have you told her to do a cost-analysis on that yet?
    Hell that will open her eyes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I had opportunities in "big city" firms when I graduated from law school. I certainly would have made a lot more money and I certainly don't have an issue with people making that choice.

...but I was 29, married for 6+ years and already a had a child, which colors perspective...those things and my rural way of thinking.

I stayed in Indiana and work just close enough to Chicago to have plenty of clients and to be able to commute back to the country. I'm not displeased that I gave up some $$.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom