NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    slough does charge now, not sure of pricing but it's less than indoor for sure. no steel either. heck, join the izaak walton in shelby, we're members there, it's typically real quiet, there are 5 lanes for shooting and steel plate at 4 of them. only down side is longest range is 100yds.

I'm real interested in this darkkevin. Do I need a sponsor or anything? I'll start looking for info on it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Can you setup steel targets at any of the DNR ranges?

I have a range in my back yard, but only shoot 22 because I don't meet the distance requirements for a range. Parents have a lot more land and I have steel on their property I use with handguns, but I'm wary to shoot a 10" AR there. I would prefer to just go to a proper range so I don't cause problems.
    Is this a .300BO with Subs?

You don't want to shoot steel with an a supersonic rifle, unless you don't care about messing up your plates.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I haven't been out there since they reopened. But it was my go-to place before they closed. Nice facility now, and very secure. You can find their hours of operation and such on the DNR site. Before they closed, it was like $7 per hour, if I recall. I don't know what the setup is now. It was worth the money to me to not have to deal with certain elements that showed up when it was free.

From their FB page

We hear you!

After our first week being open and listening to several customers request similar items, we have added additional pricing options to better serve your needs. Our base pricing is below.

Individuals
    Hour - $7
    Day - $20
    Month - $35
    Annual - $350

A day pass saves you on anything over 2 hours. A monthly pass saves you for coming out more than once a month, and our new annual pass gives you two months free!

If you sign up for our perks club (membership) where monthly rates start at only $25, you can save even more than that, plus bring guests FREE!

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    From their FB page

We hear you!

After our first week being open and listening to several customers request similar items, we have added additional pricing options to better serve your needs. Our base pricing is below.

Individuals
    Hour - $7
    Day - $20
    Month - $35
    Annual - $350

A day pass saves you on anything over 2 hours. A monthly pass saves you for coming out more than once a month, and our new annual pass gives you two months free!

If you sign up for our perks club (membership) where monthly rates start at only $25, you can save even more than that, plus bring guests FREE!

Thanks for posting this. I spent $20 several days last year, so I would definitely pop for the $35/month charge at least a couple times to try them out. I'll probably hold off on the annual charge until I see if they stick around a while first. My understanding is that it's a private-run business now in cooperation with the DNR (or at least that's how it was). And we all know the odds of new businesses staying in business. That said, I hope they do well. The DNR (or our tax $$) spent a ton of $$ there last year and made some nice facilities. The couple that was operating it last year did a good job as RO's, with scheduled cease fires, etc...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for posting this. I spent $20 several days last year, so I would definitely pop for the $35/month charge at least a couple times to try them out. I'll probably hold off on the annual charge until I see if they stick around a while first. My understanding is that it's a private-run business now in cooperation with the DNR (or at least that's how it was). And we all know the odds of new businesses staying in business. That said, I hope they do well. The DNR (or our tax $$) spent a ton of $$ there last year and made some nice facilities. The couple that was operating it last year did a good job as RO's, with scheduled cease fires, etc...

Owned and run by FIPs out of Momense

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I'm real interested in this darkkevin. Do I need a sponsor or anything? I'll start looking for info on it.

You're supposed to have a sponsor, but I've seen people walk in to meetings and introduce themselves and that wasn't a problem either. I can sponsor you if you're interested, next meeting is 12/2 and it's a sorta xmas party, orderi ng stracks chicken, and people are brining misc. sides and such. I know dues are 125 single/150 family for the year, the LOVE people that get involved and help but minimum hours are not required.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    You're supposed to have a sponsor, but I've seen people walk in to meetings and introduce themselves and that wasn't a problem either. I can sponsor you if you're interested, next meeting is 12/2 and it's a sorta xmas party, orderi ng stracks chicken, and people are brining misc. sides and such. I know dues are 125 single/150 family for the year, the LOVE people that get involved and help but minimum hours are not required.

Thanks very much. I don't know that I'll do much this winter, but if your offer is still open in the spring, I would take you up on it. I checked out the website - looks like very nice grounds. Enjoyed the drone footage on the Tube (except for the Yanni music :)). I fly a drone too, so always enjoy that. Thanks again.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

R u gonna b there?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We have been told you are not supposed to capitalize the j when referring to Da Pink Fadder.
    IMG-0071.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Correct.

Correct!
    jedi is NOT part of The Jedi Order.
    Nor does jedi have a rank within The Jedi Order (ie Padawan, Jedi Knight, Jedi Master).

jedi uses the LOWER J on purpose to show jedi's disguise with The Jedi Order. One could say that jedi should really be using the term FallenJedi but even then jedi is not sure jedi falls in that category either.

Palpatine is correct. The Jedi are evil! The Jedi Order of his time was corrupt and way too political. Besides he saw what was coming, the alien invasion and no way the republic was going to be able to fight it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Correct.

Correct!
    jedi is NOT part of The Jedi Order.
    Nor does jedi have a rank within The Jedi Order (ie Padawan, Jedi Knight, Jedi Master).

jedi uses the LOWER J on purpose to show jedi's disguise with The Jedi Order. One could say that jedi should really be using the term FallenJedi but even then jedi is not sure jedi falls in that category either.

Palpatine is correct. The Jedi are evil! The Jedi Order of his time was corrupt and way too political. Besides he saw what was coming, the alien invasion and no way the republic was going to be able to fight it.
    Hiding under the cover of a raccoon herder and training leader. May the PINK protect you.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Did anyone else get an INGO data breach exposing passwords from Microsoft? It affected this site and Kraft Auctions for me. Anyway, I changed my passwords.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    OK, gutters are all blown out, hopefully the last time of the year. Wife is out working on the rest of the leaves in the yards, I am back inside to watch the Indiana versus Ohio State game.

If Indiana starts getting blown out, I will go to work and try to make some money.

All is as it should be.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did anyone else get an INGO data breach exposing passwords from Microsoft? It affected this site and Kraft Auctions for me. Anyway, I changed my passwords.

Nope

@mmpsteve
    jedi just did one last lawnmower mulching of the leaves in the yard. jedi should be good till spring now. Need to winterize the mower next.

Gutters jedi cleaned 3 weeks ago. Need to find a better way. Dont like having to be on the roof that high up. The leaves gutter guards do help but some has gunk build up so had to remove the guard to clean the gutter. Gggrrr

Maybe within the next 2 years jedi gets ALL the trees cut.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom