NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So, I'm pretty sure most people here are not affected by that. Or other shortages, for that matter.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    This round might be bad cold and flu wise. We were past that season when the meds hoarding began. We're all good here. I was already planning on hitting the store tomorrow for a few things hoping to avoid all this going sideways again. We almost have all our Christmas shopping done too just in case there is a shortage of goods or trucker strike, etc.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hey me too. I'm freezing my butt off with my tiny generator running so my snake and my phone don't die. Priorities.
    I used to have a cockatiel, and when we lost power, I would fill a 2-liter bottle with hot water, wrap it in a t-shirt, and put it in her cage. If I covered the cage, it retained the heat pretty well. That got her through that bad ice storm about 15 years ago when we lost power for almost a week. Don't know anything about snakes or if that would work.

And if you have any bottles left, it's also nice to put a couple under the covers in your own bed.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I probably could have done that. I could have ran the microwave on the generator. Ideas for next time assuming there even is one because the house I'm buying has a fireplace

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Cold and windy over the weekend. So much fun. Cleaned out the fall decorations. Going to be setting up Christmas soon.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I used to have a cockatiel, and when we lost power, I would fill a 2-liter bottle with hot water, wrap it in a t-shirt, and put it in her cage. If I covered the cage, it retained the heat pretty well. That got her through that bad ice storm about 15 years ago when we lost power for almost a week. Don't know anything about snakes or if that would work.

And if you have any bottles left, it's also nice to put a couple under the covers in your own bed.
    I actually gave myself an idea. I might try putting a hot water bottle under the covers by my feet where Cocoa sleeps. He's always cold.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom