NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Could be a bad handler but just as likely is the dog isn't cut out to be a police dog.

Those dogs are usually pretty well vetted and obedience trained by the time a police officer is assigned as their handler. This is not a 12 week old puppy.

This is the third time she's lost a dog. Three strikes you're out.

BINGO

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Cleared by doc to return to work beginning Monday. I just have to get an appointment with the nurse practitioner to officially return. Unfortunately she was gone @ 3 today .

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Have to go to the LC jail for your weekly cavity check? :dunno:

:rofl:
    But NOPE!!!

Property tax stuff.
    Then jedi had to go to some small electrical store again south of us30 cause the big box stores dont carry the 1" raised double switch faceplates. :facepalm:

So yes jedi is very traumatized now having been most of 2day south of us30!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    [FONT=&amp]From this afternoon's press release. “After extensive analysis of these incidents, Dax’s handler has been placed on paid administrative leave pending further investigation and additional disciplinary action,” Sheriff Martinez said.

"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“I would like to thank the public for helping the Lake County Sheriff’s Department locate one of our K-9s that managed to run away twice in three days. This is a rare and unfortunate situation. But area citizens who contacted us with tips and officers from Lake County and surrounding jurisdictions worked hard to bring Dax home safely,” said Sheriff Oscar Martinez Jr.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“After extensive analysis of these incidents, Dax’s handler has been placed on paid administrative leave pending further investigation and additional disciplinary action,” Sheriff Martinez said. “I have also ordered that immediate steps be taken in an effort to minimize the potential of similar situations.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The K-9, named Dax, is a 14-month-old Dutch Shepherd from Canada. He had just completed a week of training with his handler and was in Lake County for just 6 hours when he ran away the first time, which was at around 9 p.m. Saturday (09/26/2020) in Crown Point. At that time, Dax broke free from his handler, still dragging his 6-foot lead behind him. Officers completed extensive searches for him. Crown Point residents were extremely helpful with contacting the department with information on possible sightings. There were reports that Dax was spotted jumping fences and swimming across a pond.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]At around 7:20 Monday morning (09/29/2020) we received a report that someone had spotted Dax near Ball School. Dax was still dragging his 6-foot lead behind him. Dax was finally located laying down behind a storage shed at a residence. Dax was taken to Coyne Veterinary Hospital where it was determined he was healthy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“I met with the commanders of our Patrol Division and K-9 Unit for comprehensive discussion and review of the events which transpired. After careful consideration, I approved the commanders’ recommendation to return Dax to his handler to continue their bonding, which they began during the previous week’s training in Canada,” said Sheriff Martinez. Dax was returned to his handler at about 3 p.m. Tuesday.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]At approximately 9:30 p.m., Dax escaped from his handler’s home through a door that had not been secured properly. The officer had reportedly stepped outside of the home at the time. For a second time, officers searched extensively through the night. At about 9:50 this morning, (09/30/2020) Dax was spotted in the area of Pratt and Monitor in Crown Point. Within the next few minutes, officers were able to find and retrieve the dog near Livingstone Church.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“We are currently reviewing Dax’s status on our department and considering options including reassigning him or possibly returning him to the vendor,” the sheriff said. “I am extremely disappointed by these regrettable events.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Dax’s handler has been an officer with the Lake County Sheriff’s Department for almost two years and was assigned to the Patrol Division. 8 months ago, she was assigned her first K-9, named Razor. Razor was diagnosed with laryngeal paralysis and was exchanged for Dax."[/FONT]

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone have a suggestion for a NWI u-pick orchard that won't be a disaster this weekend?

Garwood Orchards has a very efficient system and is large enough to handle large crowds. They also have their own store right down the road if you want things like donuts, additional produce, cider, etc. We went 2 weeks ago and were right in and out. That is our go to for Apple picking.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Thanks for the suggestion :)
    Garwood Orchards has a very efficient system and is large enough to handle large crowds. They also have their own store right down the road if you want things like donuts, additional produce, cider, etc. We went 2 weeks ago and were right in and out. That is our go to for Apple picking.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone have a suggestion for a NWI u-pick orchard that won't be a disaster this weekend?

Cleveland and Wayne St in Hobart.
    Just go about 2am, park on the side of the road, and pick all you want. Its free

Seriously though, I'd avoid County Line Orchard. Very overpriced. At least a few years ago it was, and I dont suspect they've dropped prices

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Cleveland and Wayne St in Hobart.
    Just go about 2am, park on the side of the road, and pick all you want. Its free

Seriously though, I'd avoid County Line Orchard. Very overpriced. At least a few years ago it was, and I dont suspect they've dropped prices

After I tried to convince a coworker ("best pies ever") that they get them from Gordon's, charge a buck more, and I was brushed off...I drove by and sent the entire staff pics... haven't heard from her since.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

If all you want is apples, Fair Oaks Farms has a smaller orchard for u-pick. Doesn't have the cider, donuts, etc. $8 for a bag that holds about 10lbs or so. Went two weeks ago later in the afternoon on Sunday, wasn't bad at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom