NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I got all that.
    Next year I need to paint the fascia, or put metal up. Skyline said they put metal up, lasts better.

Glad that you used Jeff/James. They are good people. Tell me how you feel about the courtesy, scheduling and workmanship.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The last raccoon was let go. I'm not killing the thousands in the neighborhood.
    I was just keeping them out of the roof.

:facepalm:
    2ba.jpg

U r now on this team jedi sees...
    9114505_0.jpg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Speaking of.. can I shoot irons at the Thursday night 22 events?

And...

What kind of irons did you take off that 10/22?

The .22 events are on Fridays, the next one is 10/9/20. They will be moving inside til the spring starting with the next one. Inside they shoot from 17 yards, but targets get as small as .2 inches. You could probably shoot a quality peep sight.

My main use for my .22lr rifles is steel challenge. I had Williams Fire Sights on the one I have listed in the classifieds. I have used this set and also this set with the inner peep removed when I shoot steel. It's all about speed in steel, less about pinpoint accuracy.

For accuracy you would want to look at Skinner or Tech sights or something similar.

EDIT - website says 6 pm start for the smallbore rifle, but if enough people are there to fill a squad they will start at 5:30. When they are inside they shoot 10-12 as a squad. They will run 2 squads at least if the numbers are enough.The smallbore shooters tend to be an early bunch.

2nd Edit - Williams also makes quality rifle sights.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just an aside:

I used to think that the ultimate curse was: "my you have children who are just like you were."

Now I think the ultimate curse is: "may you have to finish drywall that was hung by people who didn't care whether it was ever finished."

...just a glimpse into my evenings and weekends.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It sounds like the driver drove right into one of the train cars. That's why the engineer never stopped until he was radioed to stop and check.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just an aside:

I used to think that the ultimate curse was: "my you have children who are just like you were."

Now I think the ultimate curse is: "may you have to finish drywall that was hung by people who didn't care whether it was ever finished."

...just a glimpse into my evenings and weekends.

Imagine having to do a remodeling job with 3 layers of 1960s drywall that has the metal chicken like wire in it while cutting holes for lights in an attic that was very little space then having to remove other junction boxes for bigger ones in the space and dealing with all that d.... f.... drywall dust!!!!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Imagine having to do a remodeling job with 3 layers of 1960s drywall that has the metal chicken like wire in it while cutting holes for lights in an attic that was very little space then having to remove other junction boxes for bigger ones in the space and dealing with all that d.... f.... drywall dust!!!!

No. I refuse to imagine that.

So I bought this house 6 years ago with a "partially finished" basement. It was framed for a large shop/mechanical room, 2 bedrooms and a large "play room". They hung the drywall in the hall and bedrooms and 90% of the "play room".

Drywalling this space seems like an afterthought with a lot of prep before I could actually start mudding. I already have 4 bedrooms, so one of the rooms will be an office/guest room and the other is a home gym. The "play room" will be a home theater/gaming room with a dedicated puzzle and board game nook.

A little irony is that I am taking down all of the drywall in the "play room" because we are going with a barn theme with knotty pine. As an aside, the former owner left behind 5 or 6 sheets of 1/2" drywall 4x12 sheets to finish the drywall...if anyone wants to come over and take it away. I also have a stack of metal outside corner beads.

I keep telling myself that at the end of this unpleasant rainbow is an 80" TV and surround sound.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom