NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Bought myself 600 rounds. 2 trips in. Didnt wanna do a third as was fairly busy and they only had 2 registers open

We will let you keep 100 rds then. 1 box per trip. The rest we need to tax you. You did not earn that ammo. We have poor thugs on nwi ingo who need it 4 da clips. :p

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We will let you keep 100 rds then. 1 box per trip. The rest we need to tax you. You did not earn that ammo. We have poor thugs on nwi ingo who need it 4 da clips. :p

Hell, I didnt even need the ammo but price is great in the current climate.

I'll sell ya some. $15 per box :laugh:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    So how does that work? Do they reassess, or did you submit what you thought was a fair assessment, and they accepted it? I'm ignorant on the whole process.

In your appeal you must include a suggested assessment (not required for initial filing, but before review), and provide evidence (recent sales, comparatives, 3rd-party assessments).

They review and if they don't agree, I think they're required to provide further evidence on their side. It's a negotiation.
    They're using a big brush to broadly distribute the tax base, so it's not always a perfect fit to the market.

Generally, as long as you have some basis for your proposed assessment they'll accept it.
    They'll send you an extra increase sometime in the next couple of years. (purple, not purple)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So how does that work? Do they reassess, or did you submit what you thought was a fair assessment, and they accepted it? I'm ignorant on the whole process.

In your appeal you must include a suggested assessment (not required for initial filing, but before review), and provide evidence (recent sales, comparatives, 3rd-party assessments).

They review and if they don't agree, I think they're required to provide further evidence on their side. It's a negotiation.
    They're using a big brush to broadly distribute the tax base, so it's not always a perfect fit to the market.

Generally, as long as you have some basis for your proposed assessment they'll accept it.
    They'll send you an extra increase sometime in the next couple of years. (purple, not purple)

I printed out the form from the website on the paperwork you get with the assessment. Filled out all my info. I listed reasons why their assessment is way off (basically point out all the negatives of your property like rosejm said). Mine included the price going up 16% in less than a year of ownership with an incomplete yard and no landscaping. My unfinished basement was still unfinished at the time of the assessment and the house next door was not completed either at the time of assessment.

Many people don't bother or forget to fill out the paperwork (which is not that much) and get it sent in by the deadline. That's what they are hoping for. Complaining to a piece of paper and complaining to them about a piece of paper are 2 different things.

I found out 6 zones were selected to see assessments raised. My township was one of them.

When they called me, they reviewed my issues over the phone and made a counter offer for the purchase price. I agreed as this was fair. There was little talking by me and no arguing at all. I was downtown Valpo eating when they called and said I'd walk over to the government building to sign the paperwork to be submitted at the meeting.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Got laid off again from the salt mine and this round they cut a little deeper on the worker bee's. It's all good for me with some free time to go shooting and hide out from the wife. Just don't tell her my plans to hide out and avoid honey-do.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Got laid off again from the salt mine and this round they cut a little deeper on the worker bee's. It's all good for me with some free time to go shooting and hide out from the wife. Just don't tell her my plans to hide out and avoid honey-do.

Sorry to hear it Larry. Is that extra $600/week Fed money still available for unemployment? That would buy a lot of ammo!! (if you can find any)

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Sorry to hear about the job Larry. Unfortunately, we are still down sizing at work also.
    Thanks all. Heard about maybe six plus weeks off and have enough stuff to keep me busy and on Social security so not sure about unemployment payments. So it may be beans without the franks but have both freezers full and just got three months of med's so I'm good for now. Knew it was coming and got prepared.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well the economy's gonna be sputtering for awhile.

I'm only making it now because of D&I steel for cans.
    With no automotive steel orders, I'm on the edge.

Good luck to you Larry.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Well the economy's gonna be sputtering for awhile.

I'm only making it now because of D&I steel for cans.
    With no automotive steel orders, I'm on the edge.

Good luck to you Larry.
    Thanks. Agree things will be up and down for some time and us old folks will survive because we're to mean not to let things get us down. More time to get things done around the house and have a new Ken Onion knife sharpener to learn how to use.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Mama Robin on the front of our garage survived the storm. She built a nest on the wreath, right under where I put the security camera. Eggs should be hatching sometime next week.

[video=youtube_share;DqxUhQwQdyU]https://youtu.be/DqxUhQwQdyU[/video]

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Mama Robin on the front of our garage survived the storm. She built a nest on the wreath, right under where I put the security camera. Eggs should be hatching sometime next week.

[video=youtube_share;DqxUhQwQdyU]https://youtu.be/DqxUhQwQdyU[/video]

Does this make you a landlord?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom