NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I thought 1K was the standard minimum unless it is an oddball caliber, then 500 was the minimum.

Uh no. If it is an oddball caliber then you really need to have extra ammo because it is harder to find. More like 1K for easy to find calibers, 2K for oddball calibers.

I probably have closer to 5K for 6.5 Grendel because that is not as easy to find as 9mm, 45acp or 5.56.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Uh no. If it is an oddball caliber then you really need to have extra ammo because it is harder to find. More like 1K for easy to find calibers, 2K for oddball calibers.

I probably have closer to 5K for 6.5 Grendel because that is not as easy to find as 9mm, 45acp or 5.56.

Except now. I can walk into cabelas or bp and buy 6.5grendel, creedmoor, and 450 bushmaster. Common calibers, forget about it

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

For me it is all about which I shoot more. The more I shoot it, the more I want on hand in case of situations like this.

Sadly though, I end up shooting less when this crap starts. Subconsciously saving ammo I guess.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    For me it is all about which I shoot more. The more I shoot it, the more I want on hand in case of situations like this.

Sadly though, I end up shooting less when this crap starts. Subconsciously saving ammo I guess.

You have to shoot less right now. I can see 9mm and 223 going for $1.50 per round before it's all said and done. Lots of uncertainty. I believe if Trump wins, looting and rioting continues and even escalates. Biden wins, they're coming for our guns.

Either way, demand is going to far outweigh supply for awhile

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm pretty sure every INGO shoot I've went to, everyone had more than 800 rounds.

I've never seen anyone haul over 1K rounds to a M&S unless it was .22lr in a bucket or something was belt fed/drum mags.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Today has already started better than yesterday. Granted, would be great if I could nap, but unfortunately work isn't a big fan :laugh: oh well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've never seen anyone haul over 1K rounds to a M&S unless it was .22lr in a bucket or something was belt fed/drum mags.
    I used to all the time, and I really only brought three calibers(22lr, .223, and 9mm). 1000 22lr is only two boxes. I'd take at least 500(10 boxes) of 9mm, and probably 400(20 boxes) of .223. I always had a variety of .22lr, mostly bulk packs in those days, but I always had at least 500 subsonic.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You have to shoot less right now. I can see 9mm and 223 going for $1.50 per round before it's all said and done. Lots of uncertainty. I believe if Trump wins, looting and rioting continues and even escalates. Biden wins, they're coming for our guns.

Either way, demand is going to far outweigh supply for awhile
    I learned after Sandy hook. I have a pretty good stock on hand now, but Sandy hook also changed my thinking when it comes to using what I have. I plan to try getting out more for the remainder of the year. I really don't have an excuse not to.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I learned after Sandy hook. I have a pretty good stock on hand now, but Sandy hook also changed my thinking when it comes to using what I have. I plan to try getting out more for the remainder of the year. I really don't have an excuse not to.

Ditto

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom