d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just checked out the Harbor Freight in Portage. Have some good deals going on right now.
    Picked up some miscellaneous stuff(zip ties, electrical tape, 6 piece wirebrush wheel set) and a nice handgun case.
    The gun cases are comparable to pelican but obviously much less expensive. Waterproof, impact resistant, lockable, and fully customisable. One i got was on sale for $38 and with another 20% off was just a shade over $30. Will hold 2 full size handguns, 3 compact and more than likely 4 micro handguns like the ruger lcp/lc9 size.
    Apache is the brand name. I picked up the 3800 series case. They have smaller ones and they also have rifle cases as well. I believe the rifle case was $100 and they definitely all look and feel sturdy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Do you even know what a tool looks/feels like? I didn't think you played with anything that didn't have a screen and was plugged in or needed a battery.

BTW ... I'll be doing a more in-depth search today for that item you wanted to borrow.
    hmmm, I think he wanted some solar powered needle nose pliers and one of those ratcheting wire strippers.

Oh, and a semi-automatic hammer, a pink one.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Yea I’ve had some cheap tools in the early years but have migrated to a mix of Craftsman and Kobalt with DeWalt for the powertools. Need to take the plunge and replace my HF clamps with some decent ones they slip and I’ve broken a couple.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My son (3) gets tools every year for Christmas. Granted they are currently in his toolbox in the original box. I add to it annually and it will be a while before he actually uses anything. I made a list year 1 and cross off things. Should be a nice set by the time he is 18.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    silly dad by the time he is 18 he will have an r2d2 that comes with built in tools to fix stuff for him.
    u will just buy the tool app to dpwnload to his r2d2 to fix his flat tire. geesshh dad y r u so old school!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Freaking rain. One day I'll get to walk across the back yard to the woods to start clearing some things out. It's back to mud. Now with the forecast, I don't see any chance of setting foot off the deck this week.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Haven't bought a gun in 3 months with this whole new constitution details and selling the old house, etc., etc,. Perhaps this weekend at CP will get me back on track.

Looks like the PoCo Expo Center is on track so that show will be back in full force.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom