d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    But beans and rice require a lot of water to cook, so keep that in mind also.

We have roughly 250 gallons of water on hand that gets rotated thru and i have a tendency to buy 4 cases of water for every 2 we use.
    Guess you'll never really know how much you'll need till the time arises, but i know im good on food. The water would be rationed to make sure the supply would last
    I imagine if it were to go longer than 30 days, its gonna be an ugly time where it becomes necessary to do whatever it takes to help you and your family survive

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I was just at Stracks and they have Ice Mountain cases of 24 0.5L bottles for $2.99. I know you can get the cheap water for that price any time, but if anyone cares that it's Ice Mountain, it's a good deal.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We have good municipal water, so I just refill gallons when we empty them.

My daughter buys water, but aside from paying my water bill I refuse.

We also have personal water Purification devices.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, we don't use a lot of bottled water. Our tap water is fine. Mom gets a free beverage at the hospital cafeteria when she volunteers, and she sometimes brings home the 1L bottles of Ice Mountain. I finally dumped some that was ~10 years old.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    While I've seen planting later, better make adjustments personally. **Awful Ag Info** The Crop Progress Report is something that comes from the US Department of Agriculture each week. They have been reporting this information for all crops in this format since 1991. Obviously the wet weather the past month has caused problems for all of us at times, but it's especially bad for the farmers right now. The crops are WAY behind schedule. And 2019 is the WORST of the past 30 years. Illinois and Ohio are right there with us. You can see that only 6% of the corn crop has been planted in Indiana so far. Last year we had 69% planted, and the average year is 57% by now. REALLY sad news... While I'm not optimistic that it gets better soon, I am hopeful that we can still salvage some of the crops this season... :

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Monday morning and back to the salt mine. Gray and chilly out there. Last week at work a couple of the summer help kids worked outside in shorts in the cold and told them to bring a sweatshirt and long pants in their car.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, pretty much finished moving this weekend. Weather certainly didn't help too much. Got a lot of use of my tarp though. Stayed in the new place last few nights. Plus side, I'm even closer to most of the ranges, lol, now just to win the lottery so I can go shooting again.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, pretty much finished moving this weekend. Weather certainly didn't help too much. Got a lot of use of my tarp though. Stayed in the new place last few nights. Plus side, I'm even closer to most of the ranges, lol, now just to win the lottery so I can go shooting again.
    It would be cheaper if you didn't take 1000 guns with you :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom