Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Parents: Fort Dodge

Siblings: Des Moines
    Aunt/Uncle/Cousins: Cedar Rapids
    My fuel stop both ways was Des Moines about half way between here and Grand Island,NE and that was a long ways that seems a lot longer than five hours drive time non-stop to get there. About ten hours each way with only one stop each way.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My fuel stop both ways was Des Moines about half way between here and Grand Island,NE and that was a long ways that seems a lot longer than five hours drive time non-stop to get there. About ten hours each way with only one stop each way.

The I-80 Truck Stop exit is typically our 1/2 way refueling pit stop.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hey if anyone is into using LED bulbs, Dollar Tree has packs of two 60-watt or two 100-watt for $1.00 . You can get the 60-watt for fairly cheap, but the cheapest I've seen the 100-watt is $3-4 each. I went to the Dollar Tree on 30 and 41 in Schererville. Not sure which other stores have them.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Hey if anyone is into using LED bulbs, Dollar Tree has packs of two 60-watt or two 100-watt for $1.00 . You can get the 60-watt for fairly cheap, but the cheapest I've seen the 100-watt is $3-4 each. I went to the Dollar Tree on 30 and 41 in Schererville. Not sure which other stores have them.

That's a steal... too bad I already replaced everything, now they wont need replaced for a decade.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That's a steal... too bad I already replaced everything, now they wont need replaced for a decade.

I replaced everything a few years ago and have had 2, 15 year bulbs die in the last couple of months.

Best to buy some replacements when you find them cheap.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I replaced everything a few years ago and have had 2, 15 year bulbs die in the last couple of months.

Best to buy some replacements when you find them cheap.

True, we have 12 and 16 unit buildings, I learned to keep spares. I have one box left over, after giving my dad enough for his house. I tend to see them on sale at Walgreens often as well.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage

Many moons ago I did the drive from NWI to Omaha. Was stationed at Offutt AFB. Man that was a looong boring drive by yourself.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :drool:
    does anyone want any of those pink mags?
    otherwise jedi is just gonna place an order.

@klb
    r u crazy pay them in lego!!!
    hello kitty stickers maybe.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Many moons ago I did the drive from NWI to Omaha. Was stationed at Offutt AFB. Man that was a looong boring drive by yourself.
    Very long and boring on my way out had rain at the Illinois/Iowa border and west of Des Moines over 50 miles of snow to add fun and excitement. The guy I traded trucks with is snowed in out in Wyoming and don't think he will be home this weekend. Glad I went last weekend.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    I was there! I wish I could put a face to the name.

Yeah I should have introduced myself to everyone, I kept to myself for the most part and was trying to absorb what I could...I was the guy on the far left of the line in the 2nd group though using an all fde m&p if that helps. It was a pretty cold day especially for early nov, but honestly I think it made the practice that much better, especially drawing in the layers...I like shooting in the cold, good training!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom