Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Our 3 year-old's birthday party is over. Packed house. A lot of nickle tours with the party, so it was a dual purpose. Glad I bought the bounce house for the basement. Split up the noise nicely. If you are in the market for leftover fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, Dinosaur chicken nuggets, and Dinosaur mac & cheese head on over. I know what's for dinner.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hope everyone didn't wash away.
    Found a pretty nice gun shop in Schererville. Looks like a pretty good gun simulator there as well. Might have to check it out. Also, they stock Black Rifle Coffee.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Greg at South County is a quality individual. I've done several transfers there, but he won't accept tranfers from non-FFL sellers, even though it's legal. A bit backwards in that regard.

Is there any extra paperwork involved in an individual seller?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Is there any extra paperwork involved in an individual seller?

No sir, but Greg won't send their FFL to a non-FFL for the seller's records. Worried about security, and what a private individual 'might' do with it. I don't get it, but it's company policy, he says. They must know something I don't. I mean who's gonna misuse someone elses FFL, and take a chance on getting on the wrong side of the ATF? I evan offered to fix it digitally to make abuse impossible, but he wasn't interested.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've had the same experience.

Can I just say how much I ****ing hate Jewel? They never have the sale items in stock. I'm sick of coming home with half a dozen rainchecks that I never end up using because the stuff comes back in at different times. They run BOGO sales on meat and then jack the price per pound up at least double. BOGO free pork roasts and pork chops at $6.99 a pound. Then there were only a couple of lines open and there were at least 5-6 FULL carts in each line. The only reason I went is that I had a 10% off coupon to spend. I need to stay away from them from now on.

</rant>

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    No sir, but Greg won't send their FFL to a non-FFL for the seller's records. Worried about security, and what a private individual 'might' do with it. I don't get it, but it's company policy, he says. They must know something I don't. I mean who's gonna misuse someone elses FFL, and take a chance on getting on the wrong side of the ATF? I evan offered to fix it digitally to make abuse impossible, but he wasn't interested.

Well, I will never tell a person or private company how to run their business. Seems strange to but, but then again p.b. thinks I'm a schizo for not letting them scan my id for what I assume are somewhat similar reasons.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cookie, do they let you shoot without letting them scan it? I walked out when they asked for mine.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've had the same experience.

Can I just say how much I ****ing hate Jewel? They never have the sale items in stock. I'm sick of coming home with half a dozen rainchecks that I never end up using because the stuff comes back in at different times. They run BOGO sales on meat and then jack the price per pound up at least double. BOGO free pork roasts and pork chops at $6.99 a pound. Then there were only a couple of lines open and there were at least 5-6 FULL carts in each line. The only reason I went is that I had a 10% off coupon to spend. I need to stay away from them from now on.

</rant>

Stop going to Jewell.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    great day with the Wounded Warrior Project. They had a get together at Point Blank and purchased some ammo for us as well. Free rentals, but I brought out some firearms. Turns out to have been helpful as some of them had never fired pistols and some family members that had not shot at all. So they got to use a 22 pistol of mine as well as the laser grips to show how to aim a little easier. Was pretty nice. Hoping for more soon.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Stop going to Jewell.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. :)

I got my flu shot at Osco and got a 10% off Jewel coupon. Every time I tried to go and spend it, they never had any of the sale items in stock, and without something being on sale, Jewel at 10% off is still higher than Strack's.

I spent the coupon today and saved a whole $6.71. Now I don't have to set foot in there for a long, long time.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Ahhhh, house is quite. Got our money's worth out of the bounce house we bought and set up in the basement. Relatives are gone. Birthday tornado is picked up. Went to the old house to pick up some items left for staging and fixed a couple minor things. One more small Uhaul truck run and moving will be done. We have a couple families coming to visit next weekend, so I am longing for a boring weekend. :faint:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    great day with the Wounded Warrior Project. They had a get together at Point Blank and purchased some ammo for us as well. Free rentals, but I brought out some firearms. Turns out to have been helpful as some of them had never fired pistols and some family members that had not shot at all. So they got to use a 22 pistol of mine as well as the laser grips to show how to aim a little easier. Was pretty nice. Hoping for more soon.

Wish you would have told me. I coulda helped.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Wish you would have told me. I coulda helped.
    It was a last minute thing and my first event as well. I only brought a couple. If I'd have known, I'd have brought more than three pistols. Also by last minute I think it was Thursday or Friday they put it out. I'll talk with the lady and see if we will be doing it again. I know everyone enjoyed it

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Cookie, do they let you shoot without letting them scan it? I walked out when they asked for mine.

Not anymore, but my f.i.l pays for my membership as my Christmas gift, so I gave up, but I remind them everytime. I also stick a pasty on my barcode which is funny watching them try to figure it out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Crown Point library is showing Bohemian Rhapsody today at 1:30 if anyone is free. No charge for the movie and free popcorn. I haven't seen it yet, so I think I'll check it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom