Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup. I work in hell, so that I can be comfortable at home.

When I was a kid, my mom would try to save money by turning down the thermostat.
    My dad would come home, and turn the thermostat back up.
    Said he suffered at work (he didn't use "nice" words like that) so that he could be comfortable at home.

Now I work where your choices seem to be "burning in hell hot", or "arctic tundra cold", and I understand where my dad was coming from.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Have a great day all.
    As for the work, I work in a control room, with tons of monitors and CPUs, so it has to stay cold. Usually I like not wearing a sweatshirt all day. Working there is the best option as I get left alone a lot more.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Back in July when I was set up there, it was extremely hot in the building because they do not have A/C. My 86-year-old mom who was helping me, got very sick and dehydrated on Saturday. On Sunday, she was still pretty woozy and I did not want to leave her at home all day because she has had some bad falls. I went on Sunday morning and let Danny, the promoter/manager or whatever, know that I had to break down my booth and go home because my 86-year-old mom was ill from the heat on Saturday. He yelled that I would never be able to come back if I did not stay for the contracted time, and I may or may not have used some profanity in my response that basically said it was fine by me because my mom's health was more important than his ******* show.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Anyone going to the gun show this weekend?

Back in July when I was set up there, it was extremely hot in the building because they do not have A/C. My 86-year-old mom who was helping me, got very sick and dehydrated on Saturday. On Sunday, she was still pretty woozy and I did not want to leave her at home all day because she has had some bad falls. I went on Sunday morning and let Danny, the promoter/manager or whatever, know that I had to break down my booth and go home because my 86-year-old mom was ill from the heat on Saturday. He yelled that I would never be able to come back if I did not stay for the contracted time, and I may or may not have used some profanity in my response that basically said it was fine by me because my mom's health was more important than his ******* show.

Seems like a suitable response. Was the CP show even worth your time?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The managers here have officially run out of **** to make people do. They're painting the dark grey sheet metal siding on one of our shanties with bright blue paint. It's gonna look worse after they're done.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Seems like a suitable response. Was the CP show even worth your time?

It was, because in the 3-4 times I was set up I sold about 6-7 guns and a lot of holsters and other excess accessories I had lying around. Booth rent was $45 each weekend. I only broke even on the guns, but I needed the money. It stopped being as productive by the July show because I only had three guns left, and they were all 'plain janes'. I had sold all of the unique/desirable ones already.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got my red dot dialed in on my Mark IV. Man that was fun! My buddy's 10 year old learned and wouldn't shoot anything else. I think I know what he's getting for Christmas.

Got to shoot my Garand. It's a real shooter! Range steel at 100 yards shooting faster than I've shot Garands in the past. Super happy!

Buddy shot his new lower number 1903...it is a shooter and did not grenade.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom