Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I guess I am dumb or simple minded.
    I see the movies and they are just talking.
    Same with any other movie I have seen.
    They talk to tell a story.
    I just dont understand what is "good dialgoue" vs "bad".

I do know that music/background noise can change the tone/emotion of a scene but have never understood the dialogue issue, in any movie.
    Yes. Yes you are.

BUT, if you think about it you can tell bad dialogue from good. If it makes you cringe or think "that is stupid", it probably isn't good.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My old neighbor, rest his soul, wore long underwear year round to stay warm and cool. Fishing at temperatures over 100 with that and a long sleeve shirt drinking coffee seemed crazy to most. While most were jumping off a boat to cool off, there he sat. Folks would rib him about being a stubborn old jarhead polak. He would always refer to working at the mill for years, learning from the old guys, set up his routine.

I wear coveralls underneath my fire retardant clothes at work.
    I have a hard time trying to find ones without modern materials that melt.
    If it catches fire, it's better to burn, than to melt.

Anyway, the coveralls act like the long johns your neighbor wore. It's another layer to keep the heat off me, or the cold.
    Was also useful when my outer layer pants caught on fire at the bottom of the right leg, burned all the way up to the knee before we could get the fire out.
    Coverall were okay, but singed and black. Boot was discolored.
    Some sparks made it down the neck of the shirt and burned multiple holes in the t-shirt, and melted the elastic band on the underwear to my belly hair.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There's this disproportionate feeling of achievement...

If things go well in the morning, I sometimes feel like that will be my most impressive accomplishment of the day.

If you have weeks of problems, and severe pain, followed by vomiting, a good poop is AWESOME.
    Especially when you stop the milk of magnesia, and a week later, the poop continues.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I wear coveralls underneath my fire retardant clothes at work.
    I have a hard time trying to find ones without modern materials that melt.
    If it catches fire, it's better to burn, than to melt.

Anyway, the coveralls act like the long johns your neighbor wore. It's another layer to keep the heat off me, or the cold.
    Was also useful when my outer layer pants caught on fire at the bottom of the right leg, burned all the way up to the knee before we could get the fire out.
    Coverall were okay, but singed and black. Boot was discolored.
    Some sparks made it down the neck of the shirt and burned multiple holes in the t-shirt, and melted the elastic band on the underwear to my belly hair.

Leg on fire, sparks went down your shirt? Did you have your foot in your mouth...

again?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Leg on fire, sparks went down your shirt? Did you have your foot in your mouth...

again?

I caught a wide arc of sparks.
    I had fortunately tilted my head, so that the helmet caught the brunt of it. The sparks hit me in the head (helmet) and chest.
    Some went down the shirt.
    Some fell into the cuff of the pants, which I had rolled up because they were too long. Which you are NOT supposed to do, for that very reason.
    But, you're also not supposed to cut the pants, because they fray, which causes tripping, and fire problems.
    So.. they should have given me pant legs that were shorter.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I caught a wide arc of sparks.
    I had fortunately tilted my head, so that the helmet caught the brunt of it. The sparks hit me in the head (helmet) and chest.
    Some went down the shirt.
    Some fell into the cuff of the pants, which I had rolled up because they were too long. Which you are NOT supposed to do, for that very reason.
    But, you're also not supposed to cut the pants, because they fray, which causes tripping, and fire problems.
    So.. they should have given me pant legs that were shorter.
    Or you should have been taller. Duh

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Or you should have been taller. Duh
    Oh quit making sense.

And next time roll them up on the inside :):
    You should know better than that, there is probably even an OSHA rule to forbid that!

There's this disproportionate feeling of achievement...

If things go well in the morning, I sometimes feel like that will be my most impressive accomplishment of the day.

This is true for me almost every day. But I'm an under achiever so....

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You guys should really give Mando a chance though. Lucas was involved as a consultant and Dave Filoni, one of the Exec Producers/Writers, is basically his personally chosen successor. Jon Favreau is also good at what he does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom