repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Roads are pretty slick this morning.
    We ended up with way more trick or treaters in the new neighborhood, even with the bad weather. Had at least a dozen when it used to be two.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Also, as already mentioned, pain meds mess with the nerves slowing down and backing you up. Not sure exactly all of the more technical, just remember being in the hospital and learning that the hard way.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We had about 8-10 kids, but they were more racially diverse than I've seen here in Crown Point before. I was happy to see it, especially because the African American kids were the most polite ones I've seen in a long time.

I have noticed lately that kids don't knock on the door any more or say Trick or Treat. When I was a kid, you banged on the door and yelled Trick or Treat. Our living room is set up so that our backs are to the front window and door and we have to rely on hearing the kids knock. Several times last year and a couple times this year I looked up and saw a group of kids leaving our porch and walking down the driveway that I did not even know was there because they didn't knock or say anything.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We had about 8-10 kids, but they were more racially diverse than I've seen here in Crown Point before. I was happy to see it, especially because the African American kids were the most polite ones I've seen in a long time.

I have noticed lately that kids don't knock on the door any more or say Trick or Treat. When I was a kid, you banged on the door and yelled Trick or Treat. Our living room is set up so that our backs are to the front window and door and we have to rely on hearing the kids knock. Several times last year and a couple times this year I looked up and saw a group of kids leaving our porch and walking down the driveway that I did not even know was there because they didn't knock or say anything.

It's all YOUR fault!
    You FAILED them.
    This is the entitled generation. They are not suppose to knock. YOU are suppose to be ready 24/7 for them.

;)

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Now they text each other that they are there.
    Knocking or Ringing is foreign to them.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    5 bypasses were done... they will probably be able to see him in approximately 2 hours he'll be in Recovery in 20 minutes. :)
    Lots of prayers and All Saints day FTW!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    5 bypasses were done... they will probably be able to see him in approximately 2 hours he'll be in Recovery in 20 minutes. :)
    Lots of prayers and All Saints day FTW!

That is great news! I'll keep on praying for his recovery.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Stubborn Polak won't relax to pull out the breathing tube. I can't imagine why with wrists strapped, can't open your eyes, tubes everywhere, scenario

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'll be at the craft show at St Thomas More in Munster if anyone is in the neighborhood and needs to do some Christmas shopping. Looks like it will be a nice show. I wish they would not let in the commercial vendors, though. We set up last night, and we've got Scentsy right across from us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom