• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    So I ran out of gas on my bike today on 149 because I had the fuel switch set to reserve instead of just on. Pushed it about ¼ mile before a good samaritan gave me a half gallon he had left over in a gas can. Otherwise I would have had to push it another ¾ of a mile. 

So was there actually gas still in it, but you just had the gas switch wrong?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Negative. The "main" and "reserve" are actually the same tank. Switching to reserve just pumps fuel from a lower part of the tank. Since it was already on reserve, it was already pumping from the lowest part of the tank.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's just as possible that it started out in the wrong position as it is that the switch caught on my pants while mounting or dismounting at some point. Again, have to question the engineers at Honda on where they decided to put things.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Also a riding shirt I ordered from RevZilla that was supposed to include shoulder and elbow armor arrived today with the armor missing. They're sending me a set of similar armor with the same CE rating to replace it. So +1 to RevZilla customer service.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That's a long way to push a bike.

Figure out some way to make sure that switch don't move.

Or, check your tank more often.

Yeah it doesn't have a light or any gauges for the fuel so I try to remember to reset my trip mileage when I fuel up to give me an idea of when I'm getting close, but I forgot to reset it the last couple times. I usually use 110 miles as an upper limit to be safe but generally fill well before that. I guessed I had about 20 to go but I was obviously wrong lol. I ordered a 1L fuel bottle to carry backup gas so I won't have to work about doing that ever again.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Hope they didn't lose all their food and NIPSCO has their power back on soon.
    The one in the middle has been using my generator. The other two keep
    to them selves.
    Have they actually reported it.
    Seems strange that it's still not resolved.
    Multiple times. They were told since it’s just three homes in this area it would be awhile because their working on bigger block outages. Make since but still sucks for them. I don’t see any damage to the lines so I’m sure nipsco just needs to reset the transformer.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Maybe they'll think about a generator now.
    I doubt it. I’ve leaved here for 18 years now, if I add up all the times we’ve lost power it would not come close to the time that their power has been out. The only reason I have the two generators is because one was given to me and the other one was given to me for some work I did. Also still no power for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom