Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    OK. Good-ish news. The water in the car was confined to the drivers side floorboard. (Good news- the water did not leak through the sunroof window itself and onto my leather seats. Bad news - the water ran through the inside of my roof to the drivers side, where it came out through the point where the visor is attached.) I took out the floor mat, sopped up with I could with a towel, and put down another towel to catch the rest of the leakage until I can air it out and/or get it fixed.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    OK. Good-ish news. The water in the car was confined to the drivers side floorboard. (Good news- the water did not leak through the sunroof window itself and onto my leather seats. Bad news - the water ran through the inside of my roof to the drivers side, where it came out through the point where the visor is attached.) I took out the floor mat, sopped up with I could with a towel, and put down another towel to catch the rest of the leakage until I can air it out and/or get it fixed.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

"UPDATE!

Gary, Lake County-

The vehicle and occupants involved in the shooting yesterday evening have been located and arrested.

At approximately 11:49 p.m., yesterday, Friday, September 27, 2019, the Indiana State Police received a tip about the vehicle that was purportedly involved in the shooting and the location of the occupants that were inside. This led us to an apartment complex in Gary and the impending arrest of four males and the recovery of four weapons. It was learned that the vehicle that was involved in the shooting had been carjacked, earlier on Friday, in Illinois by gunpoint, a gold 2017 Kia Sportage, The vehicle that was shot was a Kia Forte. The four males, a Naja Wilder, 18 of Richton Park, Illinois, and three juveniles, a 16 year old from Pendleton, Indiana, a 17 year old from Park Forest, Illinois, and a 17 year old from Illinois were taken into custody without incident. Wilder was also found to be wanted on multiple felony warrants through the Cook County Sheriff’s Department. All were taken and incarcerated at the Lake County Jail in Crown Point and charged with Attempted Murder."

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    "UPDATE!

Gary, Lake County-

The vehicle and occupants involved in the shooting yesterday evening have been located and arrested.

At approximately 11:49 p.m., yesterday, Friday, September 27, 2019, the Indiana State Police received a tip about the vehicle that was purportedly involved in the shooting and the location of the occupants that were inside. This led us to an apartment complex in Gary and the impending arrest of four males and the recovery of four weapons. It was learned that the vehicle that was involved in the shooting had been carjacked, earlier on Friday, in Illinois by gunpoint, a gold 2017 Kia Sportage, The vehicle that was shot was a Kia Forte. The four males, a Naja Wilder, 18 of Richton Park, Illinois, and three juveniles, a 16 year old from Pendleton, Indiana, a 17 year old from Park Forest, Illinois, and a 17 year old from Illinois were taken into custody without incident. Wilder was also found to be wanted on multiple felony warrants through the Cook County Sheriff’s Department. All were taken and incarcerated at the Lake County Jail in Crown Point and charged with Attempted Murder."

:rockwoot: Good to hear that no one was injured

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    "UPDATE!

Gary, Lake County-

:rockwoot: Good to hear that no one was injured when they were taken into custody. Good work Sir.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Welp Snap that sounds like things in your car could have been worse. Still sucks.

My brother had flooding and damage in Schererville.

I haven’t found any issues here (yet) other than the long range radio transmitter for my burglar alarm failed. It probably just needs to be reset. I disconnected it last night after the 3rd failure warning. I have a quick project today to reset and reattach it to the system.

Heading to Notre Dame for the football game today. Going to get wet. Or come home early? Or both, depending on the storm out there.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Flooding. Glad I don't need to go anywhere. However, my RAV4 is going to be a mess. Can't get it in the garage, and my sunroof leaks. Was just going to take it to the dealership to have it looked at.

Sounds like the drain holes are plugged up more than likely. They're located in the front of sunroof. One on each side of it. Sunroof has to be open to access them. They get plugged up with years of dirt and grime. A little compressed air usually fixes that issue. If that's all it is it's a quick and easy fix.
    Hope it's not to soaked in your vehicle

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Welp, I was going to post a picture of my RAV4 with the tarp over it, and I have been suspended from postimage.org because of a terms of use violation. The images in question are a dog picture, a picture of my trailer, a picture of the nativity scene that I put on my coffee table at Christmas, a gun picture, and a funny meme implying that none of the democratic candidates are particularly good choices. I guess that qualifies as 'hate speech'?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sounds like the drain holes are plugged up more than likely. They're located in the front of sunroof. One on each side of it. Sunroof has to be open to access them. They get plugged up with years of dirt and grime. A little compressed air usually fixes that issue. If that's all it is it's a quick and easy fix.

I had noticed a slight leak about a week ago and then a bad smell. I didn't know until today that the source of the smell was underneath my floormat. Hopefully now that I know, I can get it all aired out. I'll check out those drain holes. Thanks.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    In other news, I really need to get rid of the dining room table in my garage so we can get both cars in. Right now last week's garage sale is all set up, including the table. I can't post pics now, but if anyone is interested, PM me and I can text pics to you. It's an oval shaped brown cherry table with carved pedestal bases and an inlaid wood top with a sunburst design. No chairs. The top needs to be refinished. It's a beautiful table if anyone can use it. I'm asking $50.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I had noticed a slight leak about a week ago and then a bad smell. I didn't know until today that the source of the smell was underneath my floormat. Hopefully now that I know, I can get it all aired out. I'll check out those drain holes. Thanks.

No problem. Same thing happened with my wife's Expedition in the spring when we were getting all that rain. Been good ever since I blew them out. They were a little hard to find at first because of the crud built up there. From now on I'll be cleaning them once a year

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Welp, I was going to post a picture of my RAV4 with the tarp over it, and I have been suspended from postimage.org because of a terms of use violation. The images in question are a dog picture, a picture of my trailer, a picture of the nativity scene that I put on my coffee table at Christmas, a gun picture, and a funny meme implying that none of the democratic candidates are particularly good choices. I guess that qualifies as 'hate speech'?

Well, the gun pic, and a meme that doesn't follow in lock step..

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Also, the rubber weatherstrip could be dry and cracked.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Dryer vent had quite a bit of a clog on the side of the house as I walked by with the flaps up. The bottom portion got wet starting the backup.
    Little maintenance & she's free and clear. Just a PSA of you haven't looked at yours in a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom