Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Might try to play the 2nd shift ot lottery for sunday by calling off tonight and working my usual saturday to position myself back on the board for Sunday.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Heading to Winamac this morning. Swapped a couple scopes around and need to resight them. Also gonna pit the cheap Marlin xt22 bolt action i picked up against my custom 10/22. Preliminary tests with the Marlin are looking real good so we'll see how it translates at 50 and 100 yards.
    Getting paid to go shooting(Vacation Day) Doesn't get much better than that

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Heading to Winamac this morning. Swapped a couple scopes around and need to resight them. Also gonna pit the cheap Marlin xt22 bolt action i picked up against my custom 10/22. Preliminary tests with the Marlin are looking real good so we'll see how it translates at 50 and 100 yards.
    Getting paid to go shooting(Vacation Day) Doesn't get much better than that

If I wasn't processing the rest of my brass snd sorting 197lbs of wheel weights I would of came with my savage mark 2 and a few others I haven't shot yet. Get to say I spent my day with a celebrity.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They need a $50 minimum wage and an 80% income tax, that'll fix their economy.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If I wasn't processing the rest of my brass snd sorting 197lbs of wheel weights I would of came with my savage mark 2 and a few others I haven't shot yet. Get to say I spent my day with a celebrity.

Lol. Just got back. Dan(Rangemaster) says he sure misses all the Ingo shoots that use to take place there.

It was actually pretty busy there today. Got time at the 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges.

Winter hours going into effect. Only open Fri, Sat, and Sunday

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It is a place not a person. It is mainly the fault of those in charge of the place. There was also a slow degradation of interest that already when they made their rule change, but it was the final nail in the coffin.

I suppose they should tell the people in charge how their rules have adversely affected things there. Maybe at some point someone would listen.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    In San Jose, CA today. 85 and sunny, low humidity.

Dog sitting our daughter's dog for a couple days. Then going Yurt camping in the redwood forest for a couple days.

Everything here is really expensive.

Do not bring back their commie ways!!!
    Eat an in-n-out burger for jedi.
    Eat at ruby's dinner as well.
    Oh how jedi misses those burgers. :(

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It is a place not a person. It is mainly the fault of those in charge of the place. There was also a slow degradation of interest that already when they made their rule change, but it was the final nail in the coffin.

I suppose they should tell the people in charge how their rules have adversely affected things there. Maybe at some point someone would listen.

I dont know how adversely its really affecting things there. While i was there every spot was taken at the 50 and 100 yard ranges. Not sure about 25 as i didnt walk down there but there were people shooting there as well.

Since i generally carry concealed the rule doesn't bother me. Concealed means concealed. Its not like they frisk you.

I know the rule is stupid but in my opinion its a better range and seems to have better people that shoot there over JP, so i will continue to use their facilities, but everytime im there and fill out the range use card, i leave in the comment section that the no holstered firearms rule is idiotic. I also let the Range Officer know and Ive let Doug, who is a higher up for the Winamac fwa, know every chance i get.

Dan, said if instead of single complaints about the rule here and there, we try petitioning instead, and get a couple hundred signatures, that might be more effective. IDK but it is an idea that probably would be more effective than just a complaint here and there

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Those are just people using the place. we used to donate a bunch of plywood every month when we went. They go through a lot if they actually replace it when it needs to be.

As for better than JP, I've never been there. The only reason I went to Winimac was to socialize with the people from INGO. I can shoot out to 100yds by walking out back.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Range day at my buddy's tomorrow.
    AR, AK, Glock 19, Kahr CW9, UZI, & the '75 FNH Hi-Power that I haven't fired. He's bringing some C&R newbies to ring at 50, 100, 200, and a quarter mile. He has a buddy coming to zero in his new scope on his deer rifle. Dad...well, he's along to spot, bs, and pull triggers. Golf with another buddy in the afternoon, then set up for the Goddaughter's birthday bash the following day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom