• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Based on the Yelp photo that is the type of shop I want!

Snapdragon said:
    There are a couple of barbershops on or near the square in CP. Don't know anything about them except they have both been there a really long time. There's Larry's which is a bit south of the square, and Saylor's near the Crown Theatre.
    I have have friends that loved Saylor's, I think because the barbers never talk.
    I will probably check them out as these are the closest to me of any suggested.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I think bass pro has them for $199 as well right now

Ill have to at least wait till black friday where its easier to explain the savings to her since I already had my 2 gun purchase for the year. Even though I did sell and trade some those didnt come from our checking account.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Barbershop is a lost art.

Some years back we went to some one horse Town for the weekend for a wedding. I didn't have time at home but figured I'd just go to a barber in town. Old school place, locals all there. I wait 1.5 hr for one guy to get hair cut. I sit in chair. I just need a clean shave on my head, just a straight edge and be done. I'm bald. I sit there for 45 mins, he must've went over my head 3 times on 3 different settings... I told him I wanted a straight edge.... "oh no partner, we don't do that here"

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Barbershop is a lost art.

Some years back we went to some one horse Town for the weekend for a wedding. I didn't have time at home but figured I'd just go to a barber in town. Old school place, locals all there. I wait 1.5 hr for one guy to get hair cut. I sit in chair. I just need a clean shave on my head, just a straight edge and be done. I'm bald. I sit there for 45 mins, he must've went over my head 3 times on 3 different settings... I told him I wanted a straight edge.... "oh no partner, we don't do that here"

Only licensed barbers are allowed to use straight razors (the whole AIDS thing) in Indiana and other states. They must hang the license in plain view. The barber on the square even had the old school chair.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I know that in FL barber shopped can do hot shaves with a STRAIGHT razor but the razor must have a DISPOSBALE blade. :facepalm: so it kind of defeats the purpose of doing this...
    (Hold one while I get the video)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi has zero desire to ever go to Europe but jedi wants to have this done to jedi one day. The closest jedi has found is a shop in a disney resort that does something close to this.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I know that in FL barber shopped can do hot shaves with a STRAIGHT razor but the razor must have a DISPOSBALE blade. :facepalm: so it kind of defeats the purpose of doing this...
    (Hold one while I get the video)
    And it has some dumb name like shavelette or shavette. Guy on the square probably took off a couple layers of old skin too. I didn't have to shave for a few days which was better than the norm.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yea, most places have to use the disposable for sanitary reasons. Granted, a lot of places don't even use the razor, although the closer to a military base the more likely to have razors

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Man cave barbers in CP on summit. They will give you a straight razor shave. Not sure if they are disposable or not. There’s a few younger guys, a couple of girls, and Wayne the owner. Also heard good things about McFlys by Jewel but never been there.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Man cave barbers in CP on summit. They will give you a straight razor shave. Not sure if they are disposable or not. There’s a few younger guys, a couple of girls, and Wayne the owner. Also heard good things about McFlys by Jewel but never been there.

The McFly's in Lowell posts on the Lowell FB page once in a while, and I'm not impressed with his work.

He posted this a while back.

"Nice fun cut i done today....the mullet is making a come back lol if you would like a mullet of your own or any other FLY CUT call the shop 219-300-XXXX or text my cell 219-742-XXXX thank you"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom