Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Hey. Anyone willing to give up an afternoon on Sunday (June 30)? I might need a ride into Illinois. It would probably take all afternoon into the early evening. I would cover costs and buy dinner. PM for details. Thanks.
    I can help, if needed, but I'm told I'm faaaaaar. My schedule is easy on that day so put me on the back burner as an option.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So far a darn beautiful day!

Motorcycle riding, eating one of the the worlds greatest hamburgers at Schoops (Crown Point), stopped at Starbucks in St John, just got home a few minutes ago.

I have to go North of 30 about 5pm, but I will literally only be 1/2 of a block north of US30 and I'm just dropping and leaving. Doubt the world will turn upside down during the 15 minutes I am within spitting distance of the "thug line" that bisects the county. I should be back in the sane side of the county before Jedi's warning raccoons are even alerted to the whereabouts of my presence.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    based on your comment it will be us30 and us41 and the guess is that cigar lounge which is the ONLY neutral holly ground for u rednecks in lake county. :p

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ????
    JEDI BLAMES MELENSDAD!!!

so jedi stopped at the hammond schoops on indy blvd.
    they now have the expanded menu with more than just burgers!
    wtf!!! philiy cheese steak burger.... what...
    jedi orders just the basic burger n its smaller then the basic in highland, where they have the simple menu.

wwwwwhhhhyyyy they go a f....up a good thing!!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Jedi is wrong again.

But that is nothing new.

No, I was not at the cigar lounge, that is actually on the South/Sunny/Good Smelling side of US30. I was NORTH of US30, and I even took a wiz while I was there, flushing up into your lake, uh, I mean your drinking water supply!

And no, you can't blame me for the mistakes made by a North of US30 Schoops. REAL Schoops don't sell crap like you describe. They sell burgers. Good burgers with crusty edges. And Green River milkshakes too!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hopefully you didn't actually need it right away

Not the spare. I can get that off.
    The spare tire holder. I can't get that off. The pin that holds the bracket to the hitch is a locking pin. The cap was still on the end, covering the keyhole. But I couldn't get the key in, much less turn it.
    I thought, maybe I have the wrong key. But it's one of those round keys. I only have 2 of those on my keychain. And the other key was the wrong size.

So, I got the hitchgate mounted today, after I picked up a new pin.
    It's also a locking pin, so I put some silicone grease in the key, to try to keep it from locking up. Also put grease in the end the pin goes through.
    So hopefully I won't have to cut the pin off.
    But I didn't mount the tire yet, it's still on the front.
    I need to wait for a license plate bracket and light to come from Amazon. The tire covers the license plate on the car.

Will look like this. Actually, it looks like that now.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Finally got my gas block and tube in today and finished up my latest build.
    24" 6.5 grendel
    Weather permitting will be hitting Winamac either Saturday or Sunday to get her dialed in and see what she'll do at 200 yards.

24wwobr.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Finally got my gas block and tube in today and finished up my latest build.
    24" 6.5 grendel
    Weather permitting will be hitting Winamac either Saturday or Sunday to get her dialed in and see what she'll do at 200 yards.

24wwobr.jpg
    Have fun with it. Grendels are great!

With no wind I was able to get 7/8" - 3 shot groups out of one of my Grendels off the 200 yard bench at Winamac. My other Grendel has put 10 shots into 1 ragged hole at 100 yards but I've never tried it at 200 yards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom