• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Best of luck. Last time I was there got into an argument with the ranger about carry permits. He thought you had to have one in order to transport firearms to the range. Yep. Needless to say ,hadn't been back since, even though being right didn't help and almost had to leave the range. Hadn't been back since.

I've heard several stories just like yours, mostly from several years ago. They must have had a Barney Fife type Range officer at one time who didn't know the law. I've been going there for a few years now and never had an issue. Last year, they re-built the whole place and put a lot of money into it. It's now leased to a husband and wife team and costs $7 an hour, but the facilities are topnotch. The fee to shoot has cut down on some of the traffic, but I seem to have bad luck with the big boomers showing up when I show up.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You only buy large quantities of ammo on credit if you don't plan on coming back from the op.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm considering designating the rear section of my woods to pollinators and monarchs. I'm not a plant guy and recently contacted IN Wildlife and Gaming. Anyone in this wheelhouse? The links out there are broad from the DNR and Purdue Extension. Walkerton is the closest recommended contact for seeds/plants/info. I'd like to keep it with native species that are not PITA and are nice to look at (to appease the wife).

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We have pretty successfully grown Coneflower, Black Eyed Susans and Milkweed on our property. I say pretty successfully because the Coneflower and Black Eyed Susans seem to last for 3 to 5 seasons and then die off. The Milkweed, not sure which variety we have, has been a continual grower.

Yarrow is another that will attract butterflies and seems to grow easily and lasts for a long time. It can even be mowed into a lawn and kept low, but will not bloom. Leave it alone and it will bloom and attract butterflies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Cleared out some more underbrush & trimmed up some trees in the woods before the rain and skeeters hit. Flood in the back yard-o-mud AGAIN. Rain tomorrow...seriously?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom