• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Read something recently that child drownings are on the rise due to lack of effective supervision. Seems that even after they've left the drivers's seat, the adults still can't put those smartphones away.
    At 14, I was seldom with my parents. I went all over the place with my friends, and did God only knows what. I was mainly limited by how far I was willing to ride my bike, which was pretty far.

Today, we admonish parents for not watching every move their child makes, even into their mid to late teens. How are they supposed to mature and learn to take care of themselves if they are never allowed to? There doesn't have to be a bad guy for everything that happens. We don't always have to assign blame for things. Sometimes bad things happen, and it is not anyone's fault.

In today's world, my parents would probably have been arrested and charged with child endangerment or some such.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At 14, I was seldom with my parents. I went all over the place with my friends, and did God only knows what. I was mainly limited by how far I was willing to ride my bike, which was pretty far.

Today, we admonish parents for not watching every move their child makes, even into their mid to late teens. How are they supposed to mature and learn to take care of themselves if they are never allowed to? There doesn't have to be a bad guy for everything that happens. We don't always have to assign blame for things. Sometimes bad things happen, and it is not anyone's fault.

In today's world, my parents would probably have been arrested and charged with child endangerment or some such.

u r am enemy 2 da state.
    we can NOT allow the kids to think.
    you want them to think. r u mad sir!! mad!!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Same here, but from south Chicago to the dunes may have been a stretch.

I kind of wonder how they got there and why some woman is not running around hysterically.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    Hello all. I'm not sure if this is the place to ask... I have seen a VARIETY of topics in my very quick scan of this thread.

Just wondering if I could grab a couple recommendations for LGS in NWI. I'm in Chesterton.
    I'd like to know a high quality service place with a good selection.
    And if there is a different place, or the same place that is just known to have highly competitive pricing.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    Hello all. I'm not sure if this is the place to ask... I have seen a VARIETY of topics in my very quick scan of this thread.

Just wondering if I could grab a couple recommendations for LGS in NWI. I'm in Chesterton.
    And if there is a different place, or the same place that is just known to have highly competitive pricing.

... and now I see this sub-forum says "non-firearms" discussion. Feel free to ignore me!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

I would have to say Blythes in Valpo or Point Blank in Merrillville. Ive never used them but there is westforth in Gary. You can also buy firearms at Big R in Michigan City. Bass pro and Cabelas can at times have decent sales but it is a rarity. Also know there is Kempfs in Michigan City as well but its been a long time since ive been there.

Welcome to forum

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ... and now I see this sub-forum says "non-firearms" discussion. Feel free to ignore me!

welcome btw.
    we wont IGNORE you just yet. ;)
    need to know if you are
    - a thug that lives north of us-30
    - a redneck that plays the banjo and lives south of us-30
    - a REAL hooiser who lives in lake county
    - a wanna be hooiser who lives in laporte or porter county
    - if you live in st. john then we will IGNORE u. :rofl:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

I would have to say Blythes in Valpo or Point Blank in Merrillville. Ive never used them but there is westforth in Gary. You can also buy firearms at Big R in Michigan City. Bass pro and Cabelas can at times have decent sales but it is a rarity. Also know there is Kempfs in Michigan City as well but its been a long time since ive been there.

Welcome to forum
    Also you have Copper Customs in Valpo and there is another shop in Crown Point but I can’t remember name.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Don't worry about it.
    Normally, you might put that question in the "General Firearms" area.
    But, this thread is for discussing all kinds of NWI subjects.
    And just general shooting the ****.

Welcome to INGO.

If you keep an eye on this thread, we'll often have something going on, a Meet & Shoot, or a Meet & Eat.
    They are good ways to meet fellow INGOers in the area.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

I would like to chalk most of it up to darwinism and leave it at that.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    welcome btw.
    we wont IGNORE you just yet. ;)
    need to know if you are
    - a thug that lives north of us-30
    - a redneck that plays the banjo and lives south of us-30
    - a REAL hooiser who lives in lake county
    - a wanna be hooiser who lives in laporte or porter county
    - if you live in st. john then we will IGNORE u. :rofl:
    Haha
    I live north of 30 in Chesterton. But my thug credentials are lacking. I grew up in Bartholew County. (Heard of that one?) I think that makes me more Hoosier than any wannabe Chicagoan from Lake County :)
    and thanks!

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI

Welcome to forum
    Thank you.
    Bass Pro (and likely Cabelas) is a non starter for me. Every time, I’ve left disappointed after looking at the gun case.
    Im interested in checking out Westforth.
    How about the one in Schererville... south county I think it was?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom