• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Want to come join me at the VW/Audi dealer in Merrillville? Going on 4 hours of sitting on the couch in their lounge watching Maury Povich and other such trash on the TV
    Oh god that sucks. What are you having done? I'm more than willing to pick you up and take you somewhere that's not the dealership. Feel free to text me.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    I recently had some major work done on my old '96 Honda Accord Wagon. At 177,000 miles it had never had any major service. Since I decided to keep it (and sell my 07 Accord Sedan) i decided I had better get the timing belt/water pump done and have it tuned up and checked out. (I already bought 4 new tires and had the brakes done.) After a couple of false starts I called McInnis in Schererville. They had impressed me a while back when I had a "must get it done now" exhaust job. (I went to the old muffler shop and discovered McInnis had bought the building and opened their second shop, both within a couple of blocks on US41.) They gave me a competitive estimate and were prepared to do the work on my schedule. (I arranged to delay my plans to run an errand to the north side of Chicago to fit their schedule since I wanted them to take their time and do it right.) When I dropped the car off the owner gave me a ride back to Cedar Lake and when it was done they sent someone to pick me up. They also beat one estimate for the work by $600 (used good parts, too), inspected it and did not do some other work I had asked about because they decided it wasn't needed (valve adjustment, transmission service and my regular (now former) mechanic said the gas line needed to be replaced.) So they could have done more work and charged me more but didn't.

Car runs great. I'm really impressed. They'll get my maintenance/repair work going forward.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I thought you didn't like them.

I don't. I won't bring any of my VWs there. But for routine service under warranty I will bring my Audi there.

For real work I actually like taking my Audi up to Hoffman Estates. They also did my APR engine modifications in Hoffman Estates. So I have a long term fuel economy of 37.8mpg over 45,000 miles ... while getting 0-60 times under 5 seconds.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't. I won't bring any of my VWs there. But for routine service under warranty I will bring my Audi there.

For real work I actually like taking my Audi up to Hoffman Estates. They also did my APR engine modifications in Hoffman Estates. So I have a long term fuel economy of 37.8mpg over 45,000 miles ... while getting 0-60 times under 5 seconds.
    I'm still waffling on the APR tune for my Golf. I may pull the trigger early next year.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom