Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    attachment.php

It will be 6 years before I can do more than rent her.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wife talked me into painting the pool house. Wants to do it 2 tone, trim in a darker color and the main parts of the walls in a lighter color. Simple enough. Right? Go to the paint counter, look at all the color samples, pick out 2 that look good together, get 2 gallons of paint mixed up. Go home and paint some of the wall color to test it out to see if we like it. Love it. Let it dry. Follow up by painting on some trim paint and wife hates it. Hates it a lot. I go back to the paint counter (30 min drive north in Schererville), get 4 small sample size cans mixed up in 4 corresponding colors.

Get back home and start slapping on some of the samples. Hated 1. Liked 3. So now the pool house (really more of a nice shed with a granite bar) is 6 different colors and looks like the Partridge Family Bus with no wheels.

But while I was gone the original trim color paint had fully dried.

Wife decided she likes the original trim color now that it is dry :n00b:

Looks like crap while its wet and/or drying. Looks great while its dry.

Who am I to argue?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wife talked me into painting the pool house. Wants to do it 2 tone, trim in a darker color and the main parts of the walls in a lighter color. Simple enough. Right? Go to the paint counter, look at all the color samples, pick out 2 that look good together, get 2 gallons of paint mixed up. Go home and paint some of the wall color to test it out to see if we like it. Love it. Let it dry. Follow up by painting on some trim paint and wife hates it. Hates it a lot. I go back to the paint counter (30 min drive north in Schererville), get 4 small sample size cans mixed up in 4 corresponding colors.

Get back home and start slapping on some of the samples. Hated 1. Liked 3. So now the pool house (really more of a nice shed) is 6 different colors and looks like the Partridge Family Bus with no wheels.

Who am I to argue?
    Sounds pretty typical.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My puppy earned his keep last night. A little after 10 he was barking like crazy. I went out and he was staring into the pasture with the goats sitting a bit behind him also staring into the pasture. I looked into the pasture and found a coyote only about 20 yds from the goat pens. Sadly I didn't take my rifle with me and he was gone by the time I got back.

Now I have a better idea what he sounds like when he is really serious about his barking.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Get back home and start slapping on some of the samples. Hated 1. Liked 3. So now the pool house (really more of a nice shed with a granite bar) is 6 different colors and looks like the Partridge Family Bus with no wheels.

Who am I to argue?

:faint:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My puppy earned his keep last night. A little after 10 he was barking like crazy. I went out and he was staring into the pasture with the goats sitting a bit behind him also staring into the pasture. I looked into the pasture and found a coyote only about 20 yds from the goat pens. Sadly I didn't take my rifle with me and he was gone by the time I got back.

Now I have a better idea what he sounds like when he is really serious about his barking.

:facepalm:
    Why did you not have your rifle?
    What do you think he was barking at?
    You live in the middle of no where its either gonna be coons, coyotes or a lost thug. :)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooooooo just had to stop in and mention that I have finally got enough muscle strength back in my left hand to run the slide on a pistol again...

Just a couple times before it gets painful but wow this might lead to a range trip pretty soon....

I soooooooo need a range trip, I have almost forgotten what the smell of burn't powder smells like... The report and recoil of a hand blaster taking out targets... Man I hope I can still hit a freaking target after this whole ordeal...

Loaded Ar magazines too now... It almost feels like XMAS...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    :facepalm:
    Why did you not have your rifle?
    What do you think he was barking at?
    You live in the middle of no where its either gonna be coons, coyotes or a lost thug. :)
    Because he usually barks at deer, lighting in the distance, loud noises in the distance, etc.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Snap, thanks...

Interesting observation with my hand issue... I have pain in them anyways so the broken one just compounded the issues but I noticed that the general pain has almost completely subsided as I have gone off my daily regiment of 500 mg of vitamin C. It's like night and day... Still think the whole issue is from taking Levaquin some years back but...

Jedi... Grrrr work tomorrow... I feel sorry for the guy I'm working with tomorrow because he is going into the ceilings and I'm just programming more cameras...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've been wondering when that new range was going to open up...

Having a range in Merrillville is going to put a severe drain on my ammunition supply for sure...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was in Blythes, and almost bought a Ruger 10/22 breakdown, to use as a suppressor host.
    But now I'm wondering if I should get a regular 10/22 with a threaded barrel, and get a folding stock.
    As far as I know, you can't get a folding stock for the breakdown.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom