• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I actually am (was) a chef... :D now my wife just refers to me as the "leftover assassin" because of what I can come up with on the fly just rummaging through the fridge and pantry. lol.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Saw that on NWItimes facebook. Strangely a lot of comments like "Waaaah accidents happen don't put him in jail"

Maybe if it was a freak accident like an old leather holster bending into the trigger guard and setting it off, but no. He was being an idiot showing off a gun that was not cleared.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It was still an accident, as in unintentional. He will be punished the rest of his life having to live with the fact that he killed his own daughter.

What is gained by putting this man in jail? A son loses his father as well as his sister. It will be hard enough for this family to make it without the father in jail. It will most likely destroy them for sure if he goes there.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It was still an accident, as in unintentional. He will be punished the rest of his life having to live with the fact that he killed his own daughter.

What is gained by putting this man in jail? A son loses his father as well as his sister. It will be hard enough for this family to make it without the father in jail. It will most likely destroy them for sure if he goes there.

Agreed. It's just a horribly sad situation, and no one can punish him as effectively as he will punish himself.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2016
    Jasper County

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For the time being yes.
    Lets get past the youth event to tackle this issue.
    As you can see in the other post some dnra are enforcing it others are not.
    I would rather we deal with it at indy so that it does not grow.
    Note alao our borthers in laporte need help right now with more stupid issues regarding their county borad.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Long story short: Neighbor's dad passed. He inherited the following revolver. Coliat A.E. revolver .38+P
    Anyone got any info on these? It's a keepsake and have it to clean and take to the range because he will be gone for work for over a month. He would like to know the history, and I won't have time to research for a couple weeks.

View attachment 56151
    View attachment 56152
    View attachment 56153
    View attachment 56154
    View attachment 56155
    View attachment 56156
    View attachment 56157
    View attachment 56158
    Update: So, this is a Colt "knockoff" from my google-fu. It has been "cooking" for a while and I need to get it out to clean it up and fire.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom