• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Went furniture shopping to buy furniture for my daughter's law school apartment. Went to THE DUMP in Lombard, IL. Its a close out place. She found a chair that she loved, it was discounted to $775.

We walked out with nothing.

Even if you have the budget to shop there I don't recommend that place. Selection is basically higher end furniture that didn't sell at nice stores (because most of it is ugly).

Went to IKEA and bought a 5 drawer dresser. Looked at a bunch of chairs. She found a couple she liked but we didn't buy them. Stopped at Tuesday Morning. found a chair there, bought it. So today was not a total disaster but damn, I could have furnished my house in less time. She kept asking questions like "does this go with ...???" And I kept thinking "how the hell do I know!?!"

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Man, I've gotten a lot done today: paid bills, dishes including baby items scrubbed, swept, trimmed bushes, sprayed weeds, cleaned the dehumidifier filter, sprayed for ants, mowed the yard, got the doctor to change my son's prescription over the phone, picked up said prescription, ran to the bank, got gasoline, weeded the garden...amazing what can be done with a day off.:faint:
    Teachers and summer vacation. :@ya:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Went furniture shopping to buy furniture for my daughter's law school apartment. Went to THE DUMP in Lombard, IL. Its a close out place. She found a chair that she loved, it was discounted to $775.

Even if you have the budget to shop there I don't recommend that place. Selection is basically higher end furniture that didn't sell at nice stores (because most of it is ugly).

Went to IKEA and bought a 5 drawer dresser. Looked at a bunch of chairs. She found a couple she liked but we didn't buy them. Stopped at Tuesday Morning. found a chair there, bought it. So today was not a total disaster but damn, I could have furnished my house in less time. She kept asking questions like "does this go with ...???" And I kept thinking "how the hell do I know!?!"
    :wow:
    I've heard radio ads for that place.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

How I feel shopping for most anything. Is it useful, practical and durable? Don't care about anything else, lol.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How I feel shopping for most anything. Is it useful, practical and durable? Don't care about anything else, lol.

UPDATE on the story ... apparently there is now buyers remorse and general befuddlement, followed by crying that that the stuff doesn't all match and might actually clash.

The ONLY upside is that I was pretty much just the driver today, I didn't help decide.

Had I helped decide then we'd have outfitted the entire apartment at Goodwill, I'd have rented a van, and it would all be moved in by now. But then I would be to blame.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    UPDATE on the story ... apparently there is now buyers remorse and general befuddlement, followed by crying that that the stuff doesn't all match and might actually clash.

The ONLY upside is that I was pretty much just the driver today, I didn't help decide.

Had I helped decide then we'd have outfitted the entire apartment at Goodwill, I'd have rented a van, and it would all be moved in by now. But then I would be to blame.

Throw a blanket over it? :dunno:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    got the shirts for the youth shoot today......Lonehoosier I will be in hobart tomorrow to check up on my old mans place I will bring all 3 mags and you can have your pick. My number is 2194765582 if you want to shoot me a text.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Crap, Melensdad's post about shopping with the wife could easily be me and the fiance.

It was him and his daughter based on his inital post.
    Ive never met her but she,has always seemed like a good kid. However today if what he posted about her crying about her furniture not matching just for today she gets the snowflake label!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It was him and his daughter based on his inital post.
    Ive never met her but she,has always seemed like a good kid. However today if what he posted about her crying about her furniture not matching just for today she gets the snowflake label!

Nah. All women do that.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My fiance is 26 so she's a mite bit closer to his daughters age and I've always fit in better with an older crowd, so the comparison still fits.

Also Larry is spot on.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Its that time of year.
    Frankly you are better of taking all that junk to goodwill or salvation army and getting the tax writeoff then spending all that energy attempting to sell it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Its that time of year.
    Frankly you are better of taking all that junk to goodwill or salvation army and getting the tax writeoff then spending all that energy attempting to sell it.
    Totally agree. I went through one of those once with my ex, never again.

I prefer charities that pick up though. :):

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Finally have a chance to take the bikes out today !! Gonna follow the Kankakee over to Wilmington and try a place in town for lunch then wander east 'til we make it home. Now if I can remember how it goes...1 down, four up...or something like that !!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Finally have a chance to take the bikes out today !! Gonna follow the Kankakee over to Wilmington and try a place in town for lunch then wander east 'til we make it home. Now if I can remember how it goes...1 down, four up...or something like that !!
    Mine is ...1 down- 5 up... have to love a 6 speed transmission dual Sport to play on the road and in the dirt. :rockwoot:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Let the packing begin. Accepted an offer on our house and already had a contingent offer on another. We are closing June 27th. So who's helping?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom