• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    dam~~~looking at you guys with silencer make me want one or two really bad.

Is it legal to get a 12 inch barrel for my AR and add a 4''+ sliencer to make it equal or maybe over 16?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    BDS JIN, yes it is legal with two stamps. One for the suppressor and another for a SBR " short barreled rifle". So two 200 dollar stamps and a engraving of the lower, plus the cost of the suppressor and you are good to go....

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    Hi gunbunnies, So even plus a silencer makes my rifle over 16 inch, is it still consider as a SBR?

It would still be an SBR unless the suppressor was pinned and welded to your barrel but you'd still need the 1 stamp for the suppressor. With my barrel and suppressor I'm just under 14"

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hi gunbunnies, So even plus a silencer makes my rifle over 16 inch, is it still consider as a SBR?

And SBR is a rifle with a barrel less than 16" (requires a stamp)
    A silencer is NOT part of the gun, it is attached to the gun (requires a stamp)

There are some guns that are built with silencers intgrated into the barrel, and where the silencer is NON-removable. Honestly I am not sure how those are treated as far as tax stamps. I have seen special 10/22s and some 308 Bolt Action rifles built like that. But you'd still need a stamp for the silencer.

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    There's a lot of good info in the nfa thread section and a lot more by doing a google search

Thanks hd96heritage, I think I will just order a 308 silencer for bolt rifle first, than take some time to figure out the SBR and 556 silencer.

PS: I am really glad and enjoy shooting with you last Sunday, your suppressed AR shoots feels great!

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    matt is a real nice guy to work with. both copper custom or front toward enemy are awesome. go wherever is closer. matt does his transfers as a side business which i cool because the day my stamp came in he let me pick up my suppressor after work. didn't get there till around 9pm.

alright, me and the boy are headed out to jp. meeting up with a couple guys from work. a little windy and cold but i don't care. come on out if you need some trigger therapy!

BDS JIN

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Griffith
    matt is a real nice guy to work with. both copper custom or front toward enemy are awesome. go wherever is closer. matt does his transfers as a side business which i cool because the day my stamp came in he let me pick up my suppressor after work. didn't get there till around 9pm.

alright, me and the boy are headed out to jp. meeting up with a couple guys from work. a little windy and cold but i don't care. come on out if you need some trigger therapy!

:dunno:Have to work today, Probably can only got chance at weekends if I give my credit card to my fiancee for shopping, then I can buy myself some free time to:ar15:. Otherwise she will kick me out of bedroom, then told me to hug my guns and sleeps in sofa.:ugh:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    OK this stamp and for class 3 section one bravo 10 niner is way more than I'm willing to do..

Lemme know when one comes up for sale local til then my 2 Liter bottle works great...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    BDS Jin, are you sure your fiancee is going to let you come out to a GB shoot ?

Don't need to get anyone in trouble now...

CTC, the real suppressors are much nicer I've been told.... It is pretty simple though... pay the extortion fee to BATFE and get your tax stamp then but a supressor and wait 6 monthes to play with it.... Then don't forget you can't sell it with out going through all the paperwork again with the next owner...

The only reason I don't have any yet is because our CLEO up here won't sign off and I've been to lazy to make changes to my Trust to allow for NFA purchases.... to get around the sign off.... Might just wait till I'm out in Arizona where the CLEO's are required to sign off unless there is a reason to not...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom