• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi..... why..... I was so oer the old man but he came back.... oh well....... Now I have to find a really large possum for Jedi's place...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Update on Misha our Akita.

Apparently she is no longer a Type 1 Diabetic?!?

Her blood sugar was running from 250 to 350.

Then as of Wednesday of last week she was very wobbly and seemed unsure of her footing. Blood test early Thursday morning had her blood sugar at 84. So no insulin was given Thursday AM. We went back to the vet for another blood test at 4pm. She was down to 74. Again there was no insulin. So her last insulin was Wednesday evening.

She is now acting much more normal again. A little 'attitude' when we tell her to do something she may not want to do. She still has the degenerative hip/muscle issue (not dysplasia) that will ultimately cause her death. But she is also of advanced age and may outlive her hip issue? We hope.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    old-yeller1.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Update on Misha our Akita.

Apparently she is no longer a Type 1 Diabetic?!?

Her blood sugar was running from 250 to 350.

Then as of Wednesday of last week she was very wobbly and seemed unsure of her footing. Blood test early Thursday morning had her blood sugar at 84. So no insulin was given Thursday AM. We went back to the vet for another blood test at 4pm. She was down to 74. Again there was no insulin. So her last insulin was Wednesday evening.

She is now acting much more normal again. A little 'attitude' when we tell her to do something she may not want to do. She still has the degenerative hip/muscle issue (not dysplasia) that will ultimately cause her death. But she is also of advanced age and may outlive her hip issue? We hope.

Bob, was she on Prednisone prior to the diabetes? That's what jacked my sugar up. Took a few months to get it under control.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    For those who were not at the M&S. My wife let me take her Sccy CpX-1 to the range to fire the first rounds and to see if I would want to get one for a car gun. My wife keeps her Sccy in a drawer with her PX4 which is usually in the soft Beretta carrying case along with incense she likes to use when she making things for her business.

My wife put the sccy in the Beretta case and off to the range I went. I put the case on the seat with my ammo can of mags. Jedi needs the seat so picks up the can and case to set somewhere else. For some unknown reason he starts smelling the case.

He says whats that smell it smells sooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooood. I said its probably the incense that's in the drawer with her guns. At this point a few others show up and come talk to Jedi. I proceed to fire the first rounds out of the sccy. I hear someone say in the back whats that smell. I turn around and Jedi goes it smells soooooooooooooooooooo goooooood. I said I think its the gun the smell has latched itself on and has released its scent.

I let Jedi smell the now clear sccy and he says oh yeah even the gun smells sooooooooooo gooooooooooooood. Those who were standing behind start laughing at Jedi and the fact he lost what remaining man cards he had in that instant.

Soon during lunch he starts telling everyone about my wife's gun and how it smells so good and grabs the case and starts sticking it into peoples faces like a crazed drug addict. More laughs ensue, and some people seemed confused as to the smell of the case.

As we were cleaning up to leave I tell Jedi hey you want one more for the road, knowing like a crackhead who can't resist free crack Jedi couldn't resist the magical cases charm. He sticks his face dam near in the case and takes a deep breath.

I'm sure the next M&S he will be bothering my wife to get some more of that great smelling SCCY. Who knew a gun with a no questions asked lifetime warrant also makes a gun that drives people wild when shot.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    OK...back home finally. The roads from Elkhart to NWI were crappy with a side of whiteout conditions. HOWEVER I was able to baptist LadyGhost into the holy church of the brass rainbow. (we went to midwest gun and range and she shot an MP5 full auto.) The smile on her face was worth the drive back. We went out there to meet up with a friend for dinner and decided to stay the night and call it a mini honeymoon. LOL And what goes better with a honeymoon than full auto??

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bob, was she on Prednisone prior to the diabetes? That's what jacked my sugar up. Took a few months to get it under control.

Yes. And one of the many vets suggested that that could be a side effect.

The bladder infection was some bizarre type, that also could have been the culprit.

In any event, we find out more tomorrow morning when we go back but so far so good. And today she is enjoying the snow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom