• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    on May 20th. I'll be at Camp Independence at Tippecanoe River State Park down the street all day... Sooo close by but can't leave the event because I'm helping run it... enjoy...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    LAST UPDATE:

• Highland swung to AGAINST with roughly a 4% margin opposing a tax increase to fund the schools
    • Lowell stayed solidly AGAINST with 65% opposed
    • Munster staying at 72% in APPROVAL
    So 2 districts lost their appeal to the tax payers to pay for money for mediocre systems. 1 district, which is already among the best schools in the state, got a raise and continues more support from their taxpayers. I've lived in the Lowell district for 20+ years and never been impressed with the district, my wife taught here, but we sent our daughter to private school. Lived in Highland 10+ years and never was impressed with their schools, it was always "not Munster" in most ways. I lived in Munster for 20+ years and was always impressed with their school system.

It could also be noted that Lowell is solid middle class, the class hurt most by tax increases and inflation. Munster is far more upper middle class income earners and better able to absorb the effects of inflation and tax increases. Highland residential demographics are probably in-between the residents of Lowell and Munster. So income and life situation could very largely have made a big difference in the votes.
    I'm not impressed with any of the school districts because most of these kids think we live in a Democracy and they think you can decide to be male or female regardless of what dna they were born with and a lot of them can't do math or figure out how to play nicely with others that don't agree with them... Ok I'll stop now... I normally am impressed with the home schooled kids... Defund the schools as they have failed terribly...

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    on May 20th. I'll be at Camp Independence at Tippecanoe River State Park down the street all day... Sooo close by but can't leave the event because I'm helping run it... enjoy...
    Really interested in this event what is the recommended age? pm me if you prefer

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Prayers.

Wouldn't it be easier to just install A USB port?
    Actually I don't understand why they couldn't just do wireless recharges but.... They had to operate on my mom twice to replace the batteries in her brain stimulators before she died...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Really interested in this event what is the recommended age? pm me if you prefer
    All ages are welcome... Pastor Nick is planning on doing his kids survival class that day... depending on weather it could include a walk and talk about what to do if lost in the woods... They are still filling in the classes but there should be a well rounded set of classes to attend. I'm hoping to set my HAM radio up for the day to see if I can make any contacts at the event also... The raffle is on also so lots of gadgets on the tables...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    If anyone is interest May 13th. Saturaday is the class at Blythes Sporting Goods in Griffith. They open at 10am and the class should start at 10:30AM. James C. Jones is presenting the class...

SATURDAY MAY 13th, TEN PRINCIPLES OF SURVIVAL: Why some survive while
    others die under the same conditions. These principles apply to fast developing
    emergencies, slow evolving disasters and everyday life. All the survival training and
    gear will not save the mentally unprepared citizen. This hard-hitting presentation gives
    the participant a mental edge to cope with any survival threat scenario.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dang. I should have said something earlier, but due to recent 'events', I forgot.
    In case anyone is interested...

American Legion Post 485 is having a Kentucky Derby party.
    (7485 Burr Street, Schererville)
    May 6
    party starts at 2 pm
    post time at 5 pm
    race starts approx 5:45 pm

Tickets include a turkey sandwich and mint julep. Also available separately.
    Raffle and Tip boards throughout the day.
    Derby attire is optional.

i most likely will be in and out, to get a sandwich. I'm not really ready for being away from home yet.

And of course, beer and liquor at good prices.

I'm just putting this up.
    No one has to feel like I'm EXPECTING or obligating anyone.
    Just thought maybe someone might be interested.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dang. I should have said something earlier, but due to recent 'events', I forgot.
    In case anyone is interested...

American Legion Post 485 is having a Kentucky Derby party.
    (7485 Burr Street, Schererville)
    May 6
    party starts at 2 pm
    post time at 5 pm
    race starts approx 5:45 pm

Tickets include a turkey sandwich and mint julep. Also available separately.
    Raffle and Tip boards throughout the day.
    Derby attire is optional.

i most likely will be in and out, to get a sandwich. I'm not really ready for being away from home yet.

And of course, beer and liquor at good prices.

I'm just putting this up.
    No one has to feel like I'm EXPECTING or obligating anyone.
    Just thought maybe someone might be interested.

edited.
    party time starts 2
    not 3

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Let's see if this works

well, can't see it from firefox
    but my phone sees it, so it must have worked

Lightning storm on the way home.
    19Apr2023, didn't write the time down.
    Date/Time on my dashcam is wrong. And I'm too lazy to change it. Besides, thinking about a dual dashcam now, so why bother.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom