Not open for further replies.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    It happens mostly during the day.

And when it does, please do not be on the roads from 630am-730am or 4pm-530pm
    Everybody was putting along when I would go to work on afternoons because they were just getting off of work. There are times I needed to run errands and didn't feel like sleeping so went out in the early a.m. and would putt along in front of everyone trying to get to work. It was fun for a change. Not kidding here. There was a guy in a maroon mini van that would putt along 10 mph below the speed limit on Taft when I'm trying to get to work in Crown Point for the afternoon shift.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm with CTC on this hill. A lot of part timers are in serious need of a Rectopollical extirpation when they're out in public.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Oh don't thank me
    U r not invited to da hello kitty death star just yet.

But on this topic jedi does c u have a valid point. Retired, non-working peeps need to GTFO of the way for the working class who have a limited time for lunch.

Pre covid days jedi saw this time and time again at the train station as tourist or families with little kids would clog up the food court not knowing what they wanted to eat. :facepalm:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Things I enjoyed about swing shift:

1. Few, if any, supervisors on the night shifts.

2. Days off during the week. How the heck do you get anything done only being off Sat & Sun?

3. Most folks don't like working mid-nights so it was always easy to trade if I needed to.

4. Where I worked crews tended to stay together for long periods. I was lucky to be on some good crews with good people over the years.

Some folks more than others. I'm not a day person, working straight days would have been a nightmare for me.

I had too many scheduled activities to loose track of the day. I do that more often now that I only work a few days a month and with no kids to be active with.

I liked afternoons the best, but that doesn't work well with family activities.

Plenty of fathers who worked 9-5 missed most of their kids after school activities. I was able to make the majority for my kids.

:yesway:
    There are advantages and disadvantages.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You should pack a lunch to save more money for firearms. :stickpoke:
    jedi does 99% of the time.
    Pre covid jedi did enjoy a burger at the train station or a Philly cheese steak.

Post covid most places are gone.
    Once a month a taco truck will come by so jedi will grab one. Otherwise jedi cooks for the week as it's getting too dangerous to go out even in daylight

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom