• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    And you married people,.......I'm single and childless and tired of subsidizing your 'family' choices. And now I get to subsidize the pride crowd too. How about y'all do you and I'll just do me, m'kay?

I suppose all apple varieties are the best when they're true to variety but after a few yrs of cross pollination they all taste like mutts.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    And you married people,.......I'm single and childless and tired of subsidizing your 'family' choices. And now I get to subsidize the pride crowd too. How about y'all do you and I'll just do me, m'kay?

I suppose all apple varieties are the best when they're true to variety but after a few yrs of cross pollination they all taste like mutts.

I really do wish everyone could just take care of themselves that would be great.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Can we just stick to apples? Just imagine,....in a few more weeks the orchards will be in full bloom! If the tornadoes don't take them out first.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Bottom line is people are living too long, this wasn't accounted for and all the younger people are going to be ****ed since we won't ever see this money that we've been forced to hand over.
    Whenever someone suggests that others have been alive too long I like to point out that they can start by eliminating themselves. That will drop the average life expectancy a bit. Get all of your friends to join you.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    People are living way too long, even way passed the quality of life.
    Who appointed you to determine who has an adequate or meaningful quality of life? The Declaration of Independence lists life first among the unalienable rights.

Maybe when the committees are set up to thin the herd folks who whine about others living too long will be first on the list to go.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    My parents lived longer than their parents and I kinda expect to live longer than them. The younger crowd who are evidently propping up the entire world with their paychecks can probably expect to live longer than me. That being said, if we just extend their FRA to 80 then SS will have plenty of money for them to retire,.....at 80. And then they too can listen to the chilluns complain about their living too long.

As far as the gov't is concerned, the day you stop paying taxes and start collecting benefits is the day you have 'officially' lived too long.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Maybe they remove the ridicules low cap on SS auto paycheck withdrawals and make no cap, system would be afloat in no time.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone remember the weapon discharge at the Crown Point fairground's gun show, a few years back?

We talked about it a bit, in a previous NWI thread.
    Anyone remember how long ago?

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Who appointed you to determine who has an adequate or meaningful quality of life? The Declaration of Independence lists life first among the unalienable rights.

Maybe when the committees are set up to thin the herd folks who whine about others living too long will be first on the list to go.
    Listen man, don't hate the player Hate the game.

If old aunt Agnes whom in which is 97 years young, is bedridden, deaf, blind, whatever, requires a crew of people to haul her out of bed and ambulance transport every week to have vitals checked, we need to do some reevaluating.

Human euthanasia is a thing and it needs to be broadcasted across the world. If we can let animals die with dignity, why can't humans.

That's all I'm Saying.

There are plenty of exceptions, plenty. My grandpa was 90 when he passed. The man was still picking me up from O'Hare at 2 am. The man was there.

We can't even get our boomer/gen x parents to drive at night to let our dogs out. We are fur sure sticking them in homes/honoring their wishes of human euth/DNR.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I feel the same with smokers/drinkers so I'm not just being agcist.

I should not have to pay inflated health insurance cause you choose to choke down a pack a day or down a case every night.

Not my problem.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Just a friendly discussion. Seems this thread covers a wide range of topics weather poop legos cars animals events and unfortunately Uncle Sam has something to say about ALL of those.

I've been paying into SS since 1975. Will start getting a little of my $$ back in 3 months. Anybody don't like it can kiss my hairy arse.

We need more controversy in this thread. How bout this? Glocks suck.

On the other hand, I like their clips/mags. Have a whole **** load of them for other items. Very good clips/mags.

9mm Goodness.jpg

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    In the case of KLB it's a natural gas generator so no issues for him.

Melensdad has a tri-fuel generator so again no issues for him either natural gas, gasoline or propane.

Now if one has just a gasoline generator then yet you will eventually be out of luck. But those tend to be the portable units unlike the whole house genys that some members have here running on natural gas.
    Those are still all ICE's. Doesn't matter the fuel source.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Bottom line is people are living too long, this wasn't accounted for and all the younger people are going to be ****ed since we won't ever see this money that we've been forced to hand over.
    Maybe if you were to die you wouldn't have to worry about it and take a little pressure off the system.

You, SC and the others complaining first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom