• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You could probably start a thread about that and collect unewanted holsters from INGOers.
    I bet some folks have boxes full of cheap old holsters they no longer need/want.
    You are reading my mind Frenchman. The much maligned floppy nylon holster flattens out and a bunch could fit in an “if it fits it ships” box from the Post Office.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Haven and I missed both of you. Apparently unbeknownst to us, when we stopped by the ISRP booth to finally meet Kirk FTF he was actually down the hall with Guy at his table getting ready for the broadcast. (saw the note from Guy after the fact about his show location and that Kirk was a guest)

Missed seeing you guys. Hope to see you at the June match. Got to say hi to Larry Whitesides on Friday at the IDPA booth so at least got to see one of the usual crew.

Anyone know of any links to official NRA feedback pages about the show? Because I have a yuuuuge beef with them.
    Whatever moron thought that giving Dr Lott a half room for his talks was a good idea needs to find a new job. (Or do the speakers pay for their rooms?) Holy crap. Waved off his morning talk because it was out the door when we arrived 5 minutes to showtime. Haven secured us seats early at the afternoon talk and once again, out the door. yet I was at several other double room talks and they were barely half full.

That gentleman is the best thing we have going for our cause and is a near celebrity because he preaches the truth not what somebody in the media wants to hear! I'd argue he is one of the most important people on our side. EVER. We could possibly survive without the NRA. Without Lott and his research that proves everyone else's [STRIKE]research[/STRIKE] bull**** as a fraud we wouldnt stand a chance.

CSB: He isnt even a gun guy! He mentioned he didnt even own a gun until recently, and doesnt carry! He just saw others in his profession doing a disservice and wanted to do what was right and publish accurate data for the sake of integrity.
    Agree on getting Dr Lott a bigger room. When you think Econ Professor this guy is what comes to mind, no flash and all data. He is funny, “ 218 concealed carry permits in Los Angeles County, that makes sense there are 8.5 million adults there “ got a good laugh.

I told Kirk there was a lengthy delay between speaking and the radio broadcast. Plenty of time to bleep him if needed :laugh:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I was there Friday from 9-3 at the IDPA booth spending time with friends and promoting the sport. I also got to see a bunch of the people I shoot with at Wildcat Valley and Atlanta. Met a lot of people from a lot of states and Canada that were courious about shooting sports and hope I managed to say something that gets them to try it out. Great day, Jim.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll be back all day tomorrow. I took my 4yo daughter and 6yo son all day Friday and my plans were to go with a good friend all day Sunday and leave the kids with mom this time. Well my son has been talking about our experience Friday nonstop since we left. He really had a great time. I was tucking him into bed tonight and he looked at me with teary eyes and said "I know you want to spend adult time with your friend tomorrow but I really wish I could go again." I could see and feel how much he enjoyed the event and our time together. I looked back at him and said "goodnight buddy get your rest because you are going to be walking a ton again tomorrow!" His face lit up and he said "Oh my God I'm going again!?!" I might have gotten a little teary eyed myself. Best feeling in the world to see your kid that happy and engaged in something that so important to me as well.

Not enough rep in the mag for this one.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Hope for the future. I was in a meeting earlier this pm, I met three VERY impressive young people working in support of campus carry. Two of them are current students and are planning empty holster events. The biggest problem they have: getting holsters.

After the meeting I spoke with both. I told them I was partial to my leather and Kydex but I’d be happy to send them $10 holsters I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing.

Hopefully more to follow on this.

I do have some good used holsters that I would donate to a great cause if needed or wanted.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I was there Friday from 9-3 at the IDPA booth spending time with friends and promoting the sport. I also got to see a bunch of the people I shoot with at Wildcat Valley and Atlanta. Met a lot of people from a lot of states and Canada that were courious about shooting sports and hope I managed to say something that gets them to try it out. Great day, Jim.

You and I probably spoke then. I was there at that time.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Drove down from South Bend yesterday. Parked in a lot for $10 on Indiana and Capital, about four blocks north of the event. Appreciated the patriotic and faith aspects of the opening of the meeting. I was looking forward to hearing Oliver North speak, and was disappointed went they announced he had stepped down Fri night. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out. Enjoyed walking though the exhibit area, it was quite overwhelming. Picked up some free items, bought a couple shirts, and signed up with the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Got fairly close to Chuck Norris, without waiting in line behind 500 people. He was very gracious and kind to everyone. Spoke with Gary Ramey from Honor Defense, really nice guy. Also had the pleasure of meeting Guy Relford as he was walking toward me in one of the isles. It was a good day!

View attachment 76667

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'll be back all day tomorrow. I took my 4yo daughter and 6yo son all day Friday and my plans were to go with a good friend all day Sunday and leave the kids with mom this time. Well my son has been talking about our experience Friday nonstop since we left. He really had a great time. I was tucking him into bed tonight and he looked at me with teary eyes and said "I know you want to spend adult time with your friend tomorrow but I really wish I could go again." I could see and feel how much he enjoyed the event and our time together. I looked back at him and said "goodnight buddy get your rest because you are going to be walking a ton again tomorrow!" His face lit up and he said "Oh my God I'm going again!?!" I might have gotten a little teary eyed myself. Best feeling in the world to see your kid that happy and engaged in something that so important to me as well.

That's awesome!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not sure if I'm going to make it down for a third day. A lot to get caught up on around the house.
    Yeah i feel like i played QB in the superbowl and got sacked all game. No vidible bruises but i can barely move yet today and very sore
    That concrete under the thin carpet takes it right out of you.
    Had a BLAST!!! If anyone is on the fence on going, please go!!
    today is your last chance and it will be the most amazing thing you will ever see. Anybody who is anybody in the firearms industry is there in your backyard. Go see your rock stars!
    Thats how I feel about it. These people are MY rockstars. I got to talk with and get my picture with Mr. KNIGHT of knights armament yesterday. I was using his stuff in far off places back when i still had hair on my head. And hes still making the best stuff to kill bad guys for.our military and cool stuff for us civilians too.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Finally headed in today after a late request to have my simulator on site at a client Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to walking around for a little while but I have to take off about 2:30 for family stuff around home. Hope to see some of you there. I’ll be at the registration table getting my ribbons in about 15 minutes.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    BTW, did anyone else see the three Amish guys in the exhibit hall on Friday? That was unexpected.

Yes. Walked right by them. They are more common in northern Indiana, but I do see some occasionally around Indy.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yes. Walked right by them. They are more common in northern Indiana, but I do see some occasionally around Indy.

They've been in Indiana forever but wasn’t really expecting to see them at the NRA meeting. Glad I did though.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    My son and I went yesterday and a first for both of us. Such a great time learning about new things and meeting some great people.
    I carried concealed all day as I'm sure thousands of others did.
    Only saw two open carries.
    We both left there full of American pride.

Top Bottom