Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If you are supposed to know what each cable is for why do they make them all the same color? I've seen under the floor in server rooms and it's just like a plate of spaghetti. I walk through phone company switch rooms and there are thousands of cables landed and they all look the same.
    You only have to know where the two ends are, right? That middle stuff can go anywhere. :)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you are supposed to know what each cable is for why do they make them all the same color? I've seen under the floor in server rooms and it's just like a plate of spaghetti. I walk through phone company switch rooms and there are thousands of cables landed and they all look the same.
    That is why we have toners and probes.

For Ethernet cables, these are the best solution I have seen

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That is why we have toners and probes.

For Ethernet cables, these are the best solution I have seen
    Holy hell i bet those are expensive. I actually by mine in color by length ... odd probably, but that's me. red are 3', purple are 5', blue are 7' I do have multiple 10' colors, but those are segregated by device, green for servers, white for cameras, orange for special needs, black for phones.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Holy hell i bet those are expensive. I actually by mine in color by length ... odd probably, but that's me. red are 3', purple are 5', blue are 7' I do have multiple 10' colors, but those are segregated by device, green for servers, white for cameras, orange for special needs, black for phones.
    Last time I looked, they were less so than I thought they would be.

Get a chassis switch with 8x48 port modules and there is little you can do to really organize anything. You end up with large bundles of cables which are a huge PITA to trace cables through.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Your last few posts I can’t help but hear a South Park character.
    I just love ripping on boomers. Especially the ones that when you're talking about cars they butt in and say "oh back in the day I had a 496 6 barrel carb 3 on the tree she'd throw ya back faster than anything made today and made in MURICA...

Yea OK Bill, sit down your time is almost up.

Last edited:

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I just love ripping on boomers. Especially the ones that when you're talking about cars they butt in and say "oh back in the day I had a 496 6 barrel carb 3 on the tree she'd throw ya back faster than anything made today and made in MURICA...

Yea OK Bill, sit down you're time is almost up.

My dad had ALL the fast cars every make and model (old muscle) he has said many MANY times my minivan would spank all of them lol

Edit to add that does not subtract from the coolness of old muscle cars

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom