Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Why complain. In his mind he was trying to do something nice. Could have worded it better though.

I usually try to do something nice for someone at least once a day. It can be holding the door open for someone, be it man or woman, or helping them. The other day I went to Home Depot. Just as I was about to pull out of the parking spot a guy older than me, yeah he was ooolllld, came pushing a cart with plywood on it and stopped at the truck next to mine. I put my truck in park and asked if he wanted help loading it into his truck. He was sure happy because it was two 4x8 sheets of 3/4 oak. That stuff was heavy. Told him people helped me before and I'm just passing it on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why complain. In his mind he was trying to do something nice. Could have worded it better though.

I usually try to do something nice for someone at least once a day. It can be holding the door open for someone, be it man or woman, or helping them. The other day I went to Home Depot. Just as I was about to pull out of the parking spot a guy older than me, yeah he was ooolllld, came pushing a cart with plywood on it and stopped at the truck next to mine. I put my truck in park and asked if he wanted help loading it into his truck. He was sure happy because it was two 4x8 sheets of 3/4 oak. That stuff was heavy. Told him people helped me before and I'm just passing it on.

:yesway:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I usually try to do something nice for someone at least once a day.
    I set my sights lower and try not to do anything mean.
    I feel pressured to get there ASAP so they don't have to hold it forever.
    That's how my wife is. I just walk slower.
    He said he was raised to help the elderly.
    You could have ask him if he thought you were too feeble to open the door. Unless you were afraid he'd have said yes.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    What is up with people trying to trade dogshit shotguns like they are gold lately. In another 5-8 years the market for old antique shotguns and rifles will be gone. Very few new gun owners are willing to pony up the big bucks on their grandpa or great grandpa's shotgun that can't even handle modern loads. Not when they can get a much better gun for 1/3 the money.
    I've had so many offers to trade old and busted guns for my AK.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What is up with people trying to trade dogshit shotguns like they are gold lately. In another 5-8 years the market for old antique shotguns and rifles will be gone. Very few new gun owners are willing to pony up the big bucks on their grandpa or great grandpa's shotgun that can't even handle modern loads. Not when they can get a much better gun for 1/3 the money.
    I've had so many offers to trade old and busted guns for my AK.
    That reminds me. I have a fancy shotgun I need to do something with. My brother gave it to me after he decided he wasn't rally going to shoot skeet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've switched to full time coaching at Purdue University this year. Very rewarding night tonight. Group work with the entire club. Then group work with the new saber kids. Then private lessons with the new kids. And then they finally got to fence.

I still have Northwest Indiana Fencing Club, the non-profit where I am president, and still support the high school and other fencers there. But Purdue is taking over most the time that I used to devote to high school fencers. I still try to support them, but at a more limited level.

It was an accident that I started coaching Purdue; at a Notre Dame tournament a few years ago i was literally called out of the visitor stands to coach Purdue by one of the Div 1 NCAA coaches who saw me in the stands. I was only at the event to support our adopted daughter Dasha, who was fencing varsity at Notre Dame.

For the past couple of years I've been the contracted "Guest" coach for Purdue and I have to admit it is a lot of fun. Wide mix of abilities, we have new fencers all the way up to A rated national competitors on the team. For group work that presents a challenge. This is my 3rd year coaching Purdue, and I'm here mainly because these kids are a blast to work with, plus I get to hit them with a metal stick

IMG_9794.jpeg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've switched to full time coaching at Purdue University this year. Very rewarding night tonight. Group work with the entire club. Then group work with the new saber kids. Then private lessons with the new kids. And then they finally got to fence.

I still have Northwest Indiana Fencing Club, the non-profit where I am president, and still support the high school and other fencers there. But Purdue is taking over most the time that I used to devote to high school fencers. I still try to support them, but at a more limited level.

It was an accident that I started coaching Purdue; at a Notre Dame tournament a few years ago i was literally called out of the visitor stands to coach Purdue by one of the Div 1 NCAA coaches who saw me in the stands. I was only at the event to support our adopted daughter Dasha, who was fencing varsity at Notre Dame.

For the past couple of years I've been the contracted "Guest" coach for Purdue and I have to admit it is a lot of fun. Wide mix of abilities, we have new fencers all the way up to A rated national competitors on the team. For group work that presents a challenge. This is my 3rd year coaching Purdue, and I'm here mainly because these kids are a blast to work with, plus I get to hit them with a metal stick

View attachment 303289
    I thought you were retired?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Hornworms seem to be a hit with the Tarantula and frog. I just wish they had the nutrition to be anything more than a snack.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom