Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bought a 2023 Toyota Venza today.

The Audi A6, with the heretofore bulletproof diesel engine, died an abrupt death. $8000 estimated repair bill on a 2014 car from a trusted shop, mostly parts, so I know the guy wasn't jerking me around, probably $4000 cheaper than the dealer would quote. Uh, no. Sold it for scrap.

The Venza is the "Limited" trim version, black metallic paint with black interior. The paint is actually beautiful, not a true black, not sure what Toyota calls it, but it is really nice looking. The lovely Mrs_Bob has a new primary vehicle, her phone auto connects, the baby seat is already installed, Homelink is programmed to the garage door opener.

I'd also have preferred the optional carpet mats to the heavy duty weatherproof mats the dealer added, but that is just a looks thing for me and the heavy duty weatherproof mats are certainly more practical. I'd have preferred any color other than black for the interior, but this was in stock. I didn't want to wait 12 weeks. Parts shortages are so bad that I only got 1 remote key, the dealer said Toyota will get me another remote, no added cost, but I have to wait for it.

BUT DAMN, 2 hours to buy a freakin car. I literally paid with a cashiers check, why the F### does it take so damn long for them to process some papers? And they had a questionaire . . . How many miles do you plan to drive? Do you have pets? Do you have children? What are the roads like where you drive? City or highway? Honestly I blew up, literally said I am not answering the questions and what business is it of yours to know anyway . . . blah blah blah I'm giving you cash, give me the F###### car.

They offered me a free bottle of water and sped things up to get me the hell out of their dealership after that. I refused the water.

TEAM Toyota in Schererville, not sure I'd recommend them after today's 1st and only visit.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

The Audi A6, with the heretofore bulletproof diesel engine, died an abrupt death. $8000 estimated repair bill on a 2014 car from a trusted shop, mostly parts, so I know the guy wasn't jerking me around, probably $4000 cheaper than the dealer would quote. Uh, no. Sold it for scrap.

The Venza is the "Limited" trim version, black metallic paint with black interior. The paint is actually beautiful, not a true black, not sure what Toyota calls it, but it is really nice looking. The lovely Mrs_Bob has a new primary vehicle, her phone auto connects, the baby seat is already installed, Homelink is programmed to the garage door opener.

I'd also have preferred the optional carpet mats to the heavy duty weatherproof mats the dealer added, but that is just a looks thing for me and the heavy duty weatherproof mats are certainly more practical. I'd have preferred any color other than black for the interior, but this was in stock. I didn't want to wait 12 weeks. Parts shortages are so bad that I only got 1 remote key, the dealer said Toyota will get me another remote, no added cost, but I have to wait for it.

BUT DAMN, 2 hours to buy a freakin car. I literally paid with a cashiers check, why the F### does it take so damn long for them to process some papers? And they had a questionaire . . . How many miles do you plan to drive? Do you have pets? Do you have children? What are the roads like where you drive? City or highway? Honestly I blew up, literally said I am not answering the questions and what business is it of yours to know anyway . . . blah blah blah I'm giving you cash, give me the F###### car.

They offered me a free bottle of water and sped things up to get me the hell out of their dealership after that. I refused the water.

TEAM Toyota in Schererville, not sure I'd recommend them after today's 1st and only visit.
    Good luck with the CVT transmission. Don't know of any that are worth a ****, and they're all extremely expensive when it comes time to replace

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And they had a questionaire
    am not answering the questions and what business is it of yours to know anyway

Yup.
    I've pretty much stonewalled on questions anymore.
    It's none of their business.
    I started walking out of a doc office trying to collect info that had nothing to do with my condition.
    When they said I HAD TO answer the questions.
    When I got to the door, they called me back, JUST FOR ME they would make an exception.

I'm not providing info.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh. I once answered a questionnaire, buy answering with obviously wrong answers.
    That didn't make them happy.

How many stairs do you climb a day, average? 9 million.
    how many hours do you spend walking per shift? 26
    How many hours of sleep to you average a night? 0

Stuff like that.

About the 10th physical I had at work, with a thick sheet of questions to answer, I finally handed it back empty with the note that my grandparents died the same time as what I wrote previously, and of the same cause of death. and if any of them changed, I'd be more than happy to update the info.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    People who voted overwhelmingly to be in a sanctuary city located in a sanctuary state regret that status but they blame other people for their problems . . . mostly they blame Texas.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    People who voted overwhelmingly to be in a sanctuary city located in a sanctuary state regret that status but they blame other people for their problems . . . mostly they blame Texas.

Long thread on that topic:

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Oh. I once answered a questionnaire, buy answering with obviously wrong answers.
    That didn't make them happy.

How many stairs do you climb a day, average? 9 million.
    how many hours do you spend walking per shift? 26
    How many hours of sleep to you average a night? 0

Stuff like that.

About the 10th physical I had at work, with a thick sheet of questions to answer, I finally handed it back empty with the note that my grandparents died the same time as what I wrote previously, and of the same cause of death. and if any of them changed, I'd be more than happy to update the info.
    A form for a medical test once asked why I was having said test. I wrote "because the quacks want more money". Got a
    picture of it somewhere.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

Yeah, I feel that. I bought my last house in less time than my last visit to both the cell phone store and the car dealership.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Bought a car at car max once I told them if they didn’t get me out in under an hour I was walking out. Lol it worked. I had previously spent 4 hours in a Nissan dealership Getting the previous car

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'd also have preferred the optional carpet mats to the heavy duty weatherproof mats the dealer added, but that is just a looks thing for me and the heavy duty weatherproof mats are certainly more practical.
    The carpeted mats aren't in the car? Anytime I bought a car where they had all weather mats installed, the carpeted ones were in the trunk

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

Oh the stupidity of people who live in liberal states...

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    I bought the last car for the Mrs. at Toyota of Warsaw, no questions and less than 1/2 hour. They even took a personal check when we picked it up.
    Made the deal on a Saturday and picked it up on Tuesday ( they cleaned it up and changed the oil)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom