Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I'm still shooting the 10 cent Winchester White Box from Wally World. Once that's depleted I'll dust off the reloading gear and start cranking out five cent ammo again.

Only reason I was checking out 9mm prices was because I am in need of 30 Super Carry and wanted to see how that 35cpr compared to 9mm.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    The firearm does not kind steal.
    Got a link?

Heard klb is buy for us. :rofl:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm still shooting the 10 cent Winchester White Box from Wally World. Once that's depleted I'll dust off the reloading gear and start cranking out five cent ammo again.

Only reason I was checking out 9mm prices was because I am in need of 30 Super Carry and wanted to see how that 35cpr compared to 9mm.
    jedi reloads .223 and. 30 carbine
    And every now and then .45

But 9mm never really got into it.
    Too much work for a single stage.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    What is the name or link or the website that tracks ammo prices?

Need to restock the 9mm inventory and do some bulk buying.
    Aeammo.is a site sponsor. Keep an eye on their prices.

Target sports usa is also a sponsor and runs some deals.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Which pistol do you have in the 30 SC? And how do you like it? I've been interested in it since I saw the first articles. Doesn't seem like very many manufacturers have jumped on that bandwagon yet.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yep, same setup. Serrations are very good. That trigger is hot garbage. Fire up the Google and replace it, then seed me the deets to relay.
    I ordered an Apex trigger kit for it. Went with aluminum trigger vs poly and flat faced as well. Reviews are great so we shall see. Also picked up a Galloway Precision guide rod with 22# recoil spring and few Springer Xtra power mag springs too.

Now I'm into it for what it would've cost if purchased new :)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The garage is 80% set up and the kitchen is 95% set up. Gotta finish washing some vintage aristo craft cookware and corning ware dishes my Aunt gave me. Then on to the living room and once Natalie's and I's bedroom sets show up the 7th and 8th finish setting up the rooms. Took another FMLA day. My knee is throbbing and got a good limp going on.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Which pistol do you have in the 30 SC? And how do you like it? I've been interested in it since I saw the first articles. Doesn't seem like very many manufacturers have jumped on that bandwagon yet.

Shield Plus, two of them in fact. That's about all there is so far except for the Shield EZ or if you want to spend 3-4 grand on a Nighthawk 1911 I suppose. I haven't shot it yet but I'm impressed with the package. All the 30SCs are optics ready and there are some really good deals on them. Feature for feature they run at least a hundred dollars less than the same gun in 9mm. Of course you'll spend that extra hundred on your first case of ammo but if you're into reloading it will be somewhat cheaper than 9mm to load once you have the brass.

I lucked into a stupid good deal on the 16rd 30SC carry magazines here on INGO so I almost had to buy the gun. Then I bought a second and I just picked up the same gun again in 9mm. What you get with the 30 is +3 capacity over the 9mm. Mags for the 9 are 10 and 13 whereas they're 13 and 16 for the 30SC. I can't even hold the pistol with the flush magazine so it's just a 16+1 for me. And I've got Holosuns mounted on all of them. Probably not done buying them either. Just hit a fantastic deal on ebay yesterday and picked up eight more Holosun 507ks.

I just finally decided to upgrade. I had a whole pile of Shield M1.0s from just before the 2.0s came out and S&W was dumping them cheap. I think they were something like $250 shipped with a $75 rebate. I'm now able to sell those off easily for $300-325 and replace them with 30SCs for under $400,.....cheaper than milling the M1.0s for dots.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm: wanna know when u can tell u in hammond?

jedi just got back from nieces bday party. Park and notice a car speeding down the street blows the stop sign, does a 180 in the intersection before speeding west towards IL. ALL OF THAT WHILE THE BACK PORTION OF THE CAR IS ON FIRE, SMOKE COMING OUT and at least one passenger looking out the window back from where they are coming from.

Police helicopter overhead, sirens in the distance...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom